Acacia concinna (Willd.) DC. - Shikakai

rashida atthar

Sep 29, 2009, 10:56:48 AM9/29/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com

This large climber with mild, fragrant, globose head flowers, was seen at the Silonda trail, national park, Mumbai on 27 September '09.

regards,
Rashida.

Get easy photo sharing with Windows LiveT Photos. Drag n' drop
Acacia concinna globose flower .JPG
Acacia concinna leaves4.JPG
Acacia concinna flowers.JPG
Acacia concinna large climber.JPG
Acacia concinna Shikekai.JPG

Pardeshi S.

Sep 30, 2009, 3:06:12 AM9/30/09
to indiantreepix
Hello Rashida ji
this taxon as far as i know is Acacia pennata Willd.
since it has leaflets abt 40-50 pairs as compared with that of A.
concina which has 12-30 pairs of leaflets. i have seen this plant at
silionda, but have never encountered A. concina (Shikakai ) in Mumbai
forest. fruit in A. pennata are plat and not wrinkled as in A.
concina. please just check .

regards
Satish Pardeshi

On Sep 29, 7:56 pm, rashida atthar <rashidaatt...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> This large climber with mild, fragrant, globose head flowers, was seen at the Silonda trail, national park, Mumbai on 27 September '09.
>
> regards,
> Rashida.

> cricket and news. Logon to MSN Video for the latest clipshttp://www.exploremyway.com
>
>  Acacia concinna globose flower .JPG
> 196KViewDownload
>
>  Acacia concinna leaves4.JPG
> 194KViewDownload
>
>  Acacia concinna flowers.JPG
> 185KViewDownload
>
>  Acacia concinna large climber.JPG
> 186KViewDownload
>
>  Acacia concinna Shikekai.JPG
> 187KViewDownload

rashida atthar

Sep 30, 2009, 11:54:19 PM9/30/09
to satishp...@gmail.com, indian...@googlegroups.com

Thank you Satish ji for the information. The leaflets in my pics are certainly more than mentioned as for A. concinna.  As you have mentioned and also Flora of Mah. vol II mentions leaflets 40-50 pairs, so in all likelihood it is A. pennata (Linn.) Willd. However, the volume does not mention or describe the species A. concinna, so that remains unverified. I do not have any other reference for it except S.Ingalhalikar, Vol II.

regards,
Rashida.