Request for the ID 15th Aug Talegaon

Swagat

Aug 20, 2009, 3:02:36 AM8/20/09
to indiantreepix
Dear all,

Request for the ID

Location- Talegaon Dabhade, Mumbai-Pune old highway. Maharashtra.
Date- 15th August 2009

Thanks in advance,

~Swagat
9223217568

150809-Swagat-Talegaon1.jpg
150809-Swagat-Talegaon2.jpg

Prashant awale

Aug 20, 2009, 3:09:00 AM8/20/09
to Swagat, indiantreepix
Dear Swagat ji,

This one is Nicandra physaloides (Solanaceae  family).

best wishes
Prashant

Swagat

Aug 20, 2009, 3:16:49 AM8/20/09
to Prashant awale, indiantreepix
Thanks a lot Prashantji and Shrikantji.

~Swagat
9223217568

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 20, 2009, 8:07:23 AM8/20/09
to Swagat, Prashant awale, indiantreepix
I thought Nicandra physaloides has blue flowers. I would be more comfortable with Physalis minima var. indica

Gurcharan Singh

Dinesh Valke

Aug 20, 2009, 8:37:55 AM8/20/09
to Gurcharan Singh, Swagat, Prashant awale, indiantreepix
I too think it to be Nicandra physaloides.

Regards.

2275306575_4b05ba9044_b.jpg

Rajendra Shinde

Aug 20, 2009, 11:19:27 AM8/20/09
to Dinesh Valke, indiantreepix Indian
I would agree with Prof. Gurucharan Singh. I am attaching a Nicandra physaloides (Blue Colour flower) from Satara (on the way to Sajjan Gad), taken last year September. If I am not wrong, also known as Physalis peruviana??

Rajendra
--
Dr. Rajendra D. Shinde,
Director, Council of International Programmes,

Devendra Bhardwaj

Aug 20, 2009, 9:48:14 PM8/20/09
to indiantreepix, Swagat
Nicandra physalodes alba
Regd
Devendra

--- On Thu, 20/8/09, Swagat <swagat1920@gmail..com> wrote:

See the Web's breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out Yahoo! Buzz.