Fwd: Malayalam names of Mallotus tetracoccus (Roxb.) Kurz

Dinesh Valke

Sep 5, 2023, 9:54:45 AM9/5/23
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu
Thanks very much, Sam ji, for help with the Malayalam names of Mallotus tetracoccus (Roxb.) Kurz
Regards.
Dinesh

Sep 8, 2023, 1:17:14 AM9/8/23
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu
Dear Sam ji,
I think the English spellings of following Malayalam names:  ആടുകണ്ണി adukanni and  പെരകില perakela must be aadukanni and perakila.

Another concern is that the following Malayalam names: പെരകില, പൊട്ടമരം, തവിട്ടുവട്ട do not get any results in Google search. I hope they are valid or do not have any typo.

Regards.
Dinesh

Dinesh Valke

Sep 8, 2023, 2:20:50 AM9/8/23
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu
Dear Sam ji,
I am going to compile only the following names: ആടുകണ്ണി aadukanni and വട്ടക്കുമ്പിൾ vattakkumpil ... the rest of them are unclear.
Reference: FLORA OF INDIA VOL. 23 Loranthaceae-Daphniphyllaceae : Edited by N. P. Balakrishnan, T. Chakrabarty, M. Sanjappa, P. Lakshminarsimhan and P. Singh

Regards.
Dinesh

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Sep 8, 2023, 10:35:02 AM9/8/23