ANJAN12/12 Osbeckia octandra (Please validate)

Anurag Sharma

Jan 2, 2015, 11:11:53 AM1/2/15
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Family: Melastomataceae
Date: 26th December 2014
Place: Agumbe, Karnataka

Habit: Small shrub
Flowers: Around 2-3 cm across.
Leaves- 3-4 cm in length
Reference: 1) Attached along with photos and 2) http://www.kew.org/herbcatimg/448072.jpg

The combination of 3-ribbed leaves and tuft of bristles on an elongate stalk on the calyx cup led me to O. octandra (Image title '3'). Please validate. And in case it is any other species of Osbeckia, I have attached the remaining key to 5 petal Osbeckia sp ('1', '2' and '3').
DSC_0655.JPG
DSC_0657.JPG
DSC_0663.JPG
DSC_0664.JPG
DSC_0695.JPG
1.png
2.png
3.png

J.M. Garg

Jan 12, 2015, 5:50:20 AM1/12/15
to efloraofindia, Anurag Sharma

Forwarding again for validation please.

efi page on Osbeckia octandra

With regards,
J.M.Garg

The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2400 members & 2,00,000 messages on 9.9.14) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 10,000 species & 2,00,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

DSC_0655.JPG
DSC_0657.JPG
DSC_0663.JPG
DSC_0664.JPG
DSC_0695.JPG
1.png
2.png
3.png

J.M. Garg

Jan 19, 2015, 3:22:35 AM1/19/15
to efloraofindia, Anurag Sharma

Forwarding again for validation please.

efi page on Osbeckia octandra

Jan 13, 2018, 10:55:06 AM1/13/18
to efloraofindia, Anurag sharma
Jan 17, 2018, 2:01:47 AM1/17/18
to efloraofindia, DineshValke, Anurag sharma
Thanks a lot, Prashob ji.