Plant from Periyar - NSD 5

Nayan Singh

Sep 19, 2009, 1:38:31 PM9/19/09
to indiantreepix, WildFlo...@yahoogroups.com
Another plant from Periyar
Please id it
thanks

Nayan

N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests
and Field Director
Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
M.P.
09424792100

Connect more, do more and share more with Yahoo! India Mail. Learn more.
Plant from Periyar.jpg

Dr E S Santhosh Kumar

Sep 20, 2009, 12:35:22 AM9/20/09
to Nayan Singh, indiantreepix, WildFlo...@yahoogroups.com
Dear Sir,

Your plant is Maesa indica (Roxb.) A.DC. (syn: Maesa perrottettiana A.DC., M. dubia (Wallich) DC.) of Myrsinaceae. It is used in medine, seeds used as fish poison, etc.

Santhosh

2009/9/19 Nayan Singh <ns_dun...@yahoo.co.in>
--
SANTHOSH
-----------------------------------

Dr. E S SANTHOSH KUMAR
Tropical Botanic Garden and Research Institute, Palode
Thiruvananthapuram-695562
Kerala, India
www.drsanthosh.wetpaint.com
 Please consider your environmental responsibility:Before printing this e-mail, ask yourself whether you need a hard copy!

Swagat

Sep 20, 2009, 9:23:27 AM9/20/09
to Dr E S Santhosh Kumar, Nayan Singh, indiantreepix
Dear all,

'Maesa indica' is called 'Ataki' 'अटकी' in Marathi.

Regards,

~Swagat
9223217568