Wildflower: Typhonium trilobatum

Ratna Ghosh

Oct 8, 2010, 12:03:26 PM10/8/10
to naturep...@googlegroups.com, prakrit...@googlegroups.com, indian...@googlegroups.com
Scientific Name:  Typhonium trilobatum
Common Name(Beng):  Ghetkachu, Kharkon
Family:  Araceae
Flowering:  June-October
Location:  BGarden, Sibpur,WBengal

Ratna Ghosh

Typhonium trilobatum,Ghetkachu,Araceae.jpg
Typhoneum trilobatum flowering.JPG

tanay bose

Oct 8, 2010, 3:57:33 PM10/8/10
to Ratna Ghosh, naturep...@googlegroups.com, prakrit...@googlegroups.com, indian...@googlegroups.com
Nice catch Ratna Di,
I think this is not eaten in Bengal
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

J.M. Garg

Oct 10, 2010, 12:17:31 AM10/10/10
to tanay bose, indian...@googlegroups.com

Both tubers and leaves of this plant are edible and the tubers have medicinal value.

Kushal Mookherjee

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Muthu Karthick

Oct 11, 2010, 6:49:21 AM10/11/10
to J.M. Garg, tanay bose, indian...@googlegroups.com
Nice to see this plant.
This has been identified for the first time in TN at IIT-M, Chennai campus on Apr 2008 and been published in '200+ Plants of IIT-M' by Dr. Ranjit et. al.
--
Muthu Karthick, N
Junior Research Fellow