Identity of the climber? large leaves.

Yazdy Palia

Sep 30, 2010, 11:26:09 AM9/30/10
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,
Could someone identify the climber please?
Date & Time 30 September 2010
Location: Place, Altitude, GPS Chethalayam, Wayanad.
Habitat: Garden, Urban, Wild Type: Wild
Plant Habit: Tree, Shrub, Climber, Herb climber
Height, Length.
Leaves Type, Shape, Size Large
Inflorescence Type Size
Flowers Size Colour Calyx Bracts-
Fruits Type, Shape, Size Seeds
Other Information like Frangrance, Pollinator, Uses.
Regards
Yazdy.

You have been sent 2 pictures.

DSCN3407.JPG
DSCN3409.JPG

DSCN3407.JPG
DSCN3409.JPG

Dinesh Valke

Sep 30, 2010, 11:31:00 AM9/30/10
to Yazdy Palia, indiantreepix
Yazdi ji, am sure the ID is going to come quick, meanwhile let me put my guess ... species of Argyreia.
Regards.

arjunan

Oct 1, 2010, 2:44:03 AM10/1/10
to efloraofindia
Dear yazdiji,

Does the climber have pink flowers ?

On Sep 30, 8:31 pm, Dinesh Valke <dinesh.va...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yazdi ji, am sure the ID is going to come quick, meanwhile let me put my
> guess ... species of *Argyreia*.

Yazdy Palia

Oct 1, 2010, 2:48:38 AM10/1/10
to arjunan, efloraofindia
Am not sure, but you may be right, I think I had seen a pink flower on
a similar climber last year. I am not sure though.
Regards
Yazdy.

J.M. Garg

Oct 23, 2010, 3:02:18 AM10/23/10
to efloraofindia, Yazdy Palia, Dinesh Valke, arjunan

Forwarding again for Id assistance pl.

Some earlier relevant feedback:

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

DSCN3407.JPG
DSCN3409.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 5, 2010, 3:40:21 PM11/5/10
to efloraofindia

Forwarding again for Id assistance pl.

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“Yazdi ji, am sure the ID is going to come quick, meanwhile let me put my guess ... species of Argyreia.”

“Does the climber have pink flowers ?”

“Am not sure, but you may be right, I think I had seen a pink flower on

a similar climber last year.
I am not sure though.
Regards
Yazdy.”

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Nov 6, 2010, 3:17:18 AM11/6/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
You may be right Dr. Gurcharan Singh Ji , copying a link
http://zipcodezoo.com/Key/Plantae/Argyreia_Genus.asp
Regards
Yazdy.

C KUNHIKANNAN

Nov 8, 2010, 1:29:49 PM11/8/10
to Yazdy Palia, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
It is species of Argyreia. with out flower or fruits it is difficult
to say anything on the species
kunhikannan

--
Dr. C.Kunhikannan,
Division of Biodiversity,

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 23, 2010, 7:25:39 AM11/23/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia

.. I strongly suspect it to be  Ipomoea campanulata .

.. Still., chance also goes to Argyreia involuctrata...

  Parjanya Guru
 +919738723392

Gurcharan Singh

Dec 9, 2010, 7:57:57 AM12/9/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Yazdy Palia, Dinesh Valke, C KUNHIKANNAN
Hi,
It is Ipomoea campanulata
Local Marathi name is Tamberwel
Attaching flower photograph