Sadadhutura

sibdas ghosh

Feb 6, 2010, 12:03:09 PM2/6/10
to indiantreepix
It is sadaadhutura (white Dhutura) - Datura metel (D. alba). I hope
the i.d. is correct. From Pingla , Midnapore Jan '10
DSCF0053.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 6, 2010, 8:05:11 PM2/6/10
to sibdas ghosh, indiantreepix
Sibdas ji
I hope you are right

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor

On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 10:33 PM, sibdas ghosh <sibda...@gmail.com> wrote:
It is sadaadhutura (white Dhutura) - Datura metel (D. alba). I hope
the i.d. is correct. From Pingla , Midnapore Jan '10

GURUMURTHI HEGDE

Feb 7, 2010, 7:28:11 AM2/7/10
to Gurcharan Singh, sibdas ghosh, indiantreepix
May you please check with  Datura ferox  once again.?

sibdas ghosh

Feb 7, 2010, 11:54:56 AM2/7/10
to GURUMURTHI HEGDE, Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
It is difficult to distinguish between the two sp. from Photos, but D. ferox is an introduced sp., unlikely to be found in a remote village of Bengal.
--
sibdas ghosh

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 6, 2010, 8:38:58 AM3/6/10
to sibdas ghosh, GURUMURTHI HEGDE, indiantreepix
Sibdas ji
The two species can be conclusively differentiated from fruits and seeds. The capsules of D. ferox are on erect stalks, lower spines are much shorter, upper longer, seeds black or grey. In D. inoxia capsules are on recurved stalks, spines almost equally longer, seeds yellow or brown. Could you please locate plant with fruits?

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

JM Garg

Sep 17, 2022, 12:30:20 PM9/17/22
to sibdas, efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh
I think this is close to images and details at Datura stramonium L.
DSCF0053.JPG