500 ID wild tree

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Oct 30, 2023, 11:25:51 PM10/30/23
to efloraofindia
Please ID wild tree, kind regards, Sam.

Location: bloomed near Nadukani Hills Kothamangalam Ernakulam Kerala INDIA

Altitude: 1400fsl

Flower date: 18JUL2023, 11.25am

Habitat: wild moisture streamside rocky misty sloppy alpine

Plant habit: tree, erect, branches, branchlets hard cylindrical woody stem 20 inches base circumference, rough brownish bark, rooted branches nearby watering surface

Height: 03 meters

Leaves: opposite ovate obtuse acute simple glossy, size upto: 08×5cm

Flower: axillary panicle inflorescence, clustered, diameter:07mm, white, good fragrance

Fruit: berry, globular green into purple to dark blue, edible sweet with tamarind taste, diameter: 10mm

Seed: brown single globular diameter: 04mm

Camera: CANON EOS1500D +FL10x

20230718112423_IMG_3819 (1).JPG
20230718112423_IMG_3819 (1)_resized.JPG
20230718112610_IMG_3821.JPG
20230718112553_IMG_3820.JPG
20230718112623_IMG_3822.JPG
20230718114021_IMG_3825.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Oct 30, 2023, 11:30:59 PM10/30/23
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20230718114434_IMG_3835.JPG
20230718114541_IMG_3836.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Oct 30, 2023, 11:38:57 PM10/30/23
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20230718114211_IMG_3831.JPG
20230718113926_IMG_3824.JPG
20230718114311_IMG_3833.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Oct 31, 2023, 2:37:10 AM10/31/23
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20230718114802_IMG_3840.JPG
20230718114813_IMG_3841.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Oct 31, 2023, 2:40:24 AM10/31/23
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20230718114849_IMG_3843.JPG
20230718114945_IMG_3845.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Oct 31, 2023, 2:42:42 AM10/31/23
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20230718115628_IMG_3847.JPG
20230718115237_IMG_3846.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 31, 2023, 10:54:09 AM10/31/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg
Please check Syzygium !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Nov 8, 2023, 2:14:22 AM11/8/23
to Saroj Kasaju, indian...@googlegroups.com, Sam Kuzhalanattu
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Nov 9, 2023, 8:46:38 AM11/9/23
to J.M. Garg, Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Dear Garg ji,
Please check Syzygium munnarensis also, it's location is something nearby my tree.
With kind regards, Sam.

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Nov 9, 2023, 8:50:22 AM11/9/23
to J.M. Garg, Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Dear Garg ji,
Syzygium caryophyllatum is very close to my tree, but I think it's flowers are quite larger than mine.  Very thanks to ID, with kind regards, Sam.

J.M. Garg

Nov 27, 2023, 2:11:58 AM11/27/23
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Nov 27, 2023, 2:43:17 AM11/27/23
to J.M. Garg, Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Ok, dear Garg ji, then what it is?
With regards, Sam.

J.M. Garg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Dec 7, 2023, 8:04:42 AM12/7/23
to J.M. Garg, Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Yes, it is Syzygium caryophyllatum dear Garg ji, thank you very much for ID my plant with kind regards, Sam.