chakrata meet details

satyendra tiwari

Aug 13, 2011, 10:32:27 PM8/13/11
to efloraofindia
Dear Friends
I am copying here the details of Chakrata meet sep 2011.
pl. have a look.
satyendra

Dear Friends,

I am happy to announce second ButterflyIndia Meet 2011 officially. The
details are as follows:

When : 11th to 15th September 2011

Where : Chakrata, Uttarakhand

Chakrata is situated between Tons and Yamuna rivers at an elevation of
7250 feet above MSL. Rich green forest of Oaks and Conifers provides
perfect habitat for butterflies and other insects. The elevation, the
forest and almost pesticide free region makes it a special place for
butterflies in Northern India.

Butterflies of Chakrata – More than 150 species of butterflies are
recorded from Chakrata region. On our last visit to Chakrata Wall,
Argus, Copper and Common Punch butterflies were found in abundance.
Roadside plants of Nettles are always the hot spot to look for
Caterpillars and Pupae of Indian Red Admiral.

Who is organizing : Satyendra Kumar Tiwari, Tala. Madhya Pradesh

Please visit http://diversityindia.org/meet/chakrata.html for the
registration details and tentative schedule of the meet is at
http://diversityindia.org/meet/chakrataschedule.html

Since we have very limited seats, please register at the earliest to
avoid disappointment. If you have any questions please email
bim...@diversityindia.org

Regards,

Vijay Barve

--

Satyendra K.Tiwari.
Wildlife Photographer, Naturalist, Tour Leader

J.M. Garg

Aug 14, 2011, 1:51:16 AM8/14/11
to satyendra tiwari, efloraofindia
I think this is a very good opportunity for the eFI members to explore flora of the region along with butterflies.
Thanks, Satyendra ji& others for organising the event.
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1680 members & 75,000 messages on 31/7/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 5000 species)