Reg. Identification of this tree species in these videos, which has become viral now

Ramakanth Reddy

Mar 31, 2023, 12:51:24 PM3/31/23
to efloraofindia
Dear esteemed members(sir/madam),
I came across these youtube videos by some persons describing a tree with white seeds similar to those of Semecarpus anacardium, on the borders of Telangana and Maharashtra. They are calling it as "Safed Bhilawa, Safed BiBa, Tella jeedi chettu".
The videos are going viral with those men in the videos are selling these seeds at huge prices(50 lakh per kg), which are supposedly used for "vasikarana" & medicinal use.

Videos::

I want to know, if this videos are real and such a tree exists, in the literature(both scientific and Indian traditional). I havent got across any literary reference to such a tree/plant.
Thanks and regards.

Dr. K Ramakanth Reddy
9966288718

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 31, 2023, 2:35:50 PM3/31/23
to eFloraofIndia

J.M. Garg

Apr 2, 2023, 12:59:04 PM4/2/23
to efloraofindia, kankanala...@gmail.com, GurcharanSingh
So far enquiries does not prove that it is fake.
We have to treat it like that until confirmed.
--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Ramakanth Reddy

Apr 2, 2023, 1:54:35 PM4/2/23
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh
Thanks Dr Singh sir and Dr. Garg sir.
But, wondering, how come there is no literary reference to this variety of Semicarpus Anacardium.

J.M. Garg