Ericaceae fortnight- Pieris ovalifolius (Wall.) D. Don. SN April 11

Santhan P

Apr 4, 2014, 2:07:15 AM4/4/14
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Pieris ovalifolius (Wall.) D. Don.Fam: Ericaceae, tree pepper from Ooty botanical garden, Tamilnadu
Pieris ova.JPG
Pieris ovalifolia.JPG
Pieris ovalifolia1.JPG

Subhasis Panda

Apr 4, 2014, 10:27:04 AM4/4/14
to Santhan P, indiantreepix
Santhanji, I was really glad to see this plant in Ooty Bot. garden (although planted & introduced). Still it is an interesting, as no wild species recorded from South India yet.
I am requesting you pl. see further distribution of this species in and around Ooty Bot. Garden or outside this area possible/not----pl. close look at least 2-3 years....it will be an interesting work. Thank you for your report from Oooty bot. garden

Correct Name: Lyonia ovalifolia (Wall.) Drude---Ericaceae (binomial will be italic)

Pandaji