request for id - 110209_Goa mangroves_SSN_1

shubhada nikharge

Feb 8, 2010, 8:57:08 AM2/8/10
to indian tree pix
Hi,
Request for id.
pics taken in the mangrove forests at Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary, Chorao island, Goa in Feb 2009.
Cheers,
Shubhada

"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; I will not refuse to do the something I can do."

2009_0211_goa_1_0094 e.jpg
2009_0211_goa_1_0096 e.jpg

Dinesh Valke

Feb 8, 2010, 9:02:12 AM2/8/10
to shubhada nikharge, indian tree pix
Derris scandens ... commonly known as: hog creeper, Malay jewelvine • Hindi: gonj, tup-bel • Kannada: hallebilu, handiballi • Konkani: साळोरी salori • Malayalam: noel-valli • Marathi: गरुडवेल garudvel, mota-sirili • Tamil: கொடிப்புன்கு koti-p-punku • Telugu: చిరుతాళిబాదు chiru-tali-badu, నల్ల తీగ nalla tiga

Dear Shubhada, please wait for comment(s) for validation.

Regards.

Adittya Dharap

Feb 8, 2010, 9:23:02 AM2/8/10
to Dinesh Valke, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I feel it is Derris trifoliata.
The leaves are glabrous, 3-7 leaflets, ovate or ovate-oblong.
Flowers are rose coloured.

 regards

Adittya Dharap

shubhada nikharge

Feb 8, 2010, 9:22:58 AM2/8/10
to Dinesh Valke, indian tree pix
Dear Dinesh,
Thanx. I have a query.
i am sending more pics of a climber, Derris, that is what i was told.
pics were taken in the mangrove forests at Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary, Chorao island, Goa in Feb 2009.
Cheers,
Shubhada

"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; I will not refuse to do the something I can do."

Feb 8, 2010, 9:27:26 AM2/8/10
to Dinesh Valke, shubhada nikharge, indian tree pix

Hi,

The pods are that of Derris trifoliata but the flowers are of Aegiceras corniculatum (The image is not clear).

best regrads

Adittya

Dinesh Valke

Feb 8, 2010, 9:50:02 AM2/8/10
to shubhada nikharge, indian tree pix
Dear Shubhada.

These photos are different in my opinion.

derris 2009_0211_goa_1_0103 e.JPG
Aegiceras corniculatum ... commonly known as: goat's horn mangrove, river mangrove • Bengali: khalsi • Gujarati: હલસી halasi • Hindi: हलसी halsi • Konkani: कांदलम kandlam • Malayalam: കരിഞ്ഞിക്കട karinjikkata • Marathi: काजळा kajala • Oriya: teluni • Tamil: ¿ நாரிக்கண்டல் nari-k-kantal ? • Telugu: ¿ గుగ్గిలమ guggilam ?

derris fruits 2009_0211_goa_1_0104 e.JPG
Derris trifoliata ... commonly known as: common derris • Bengali: পান লতা panlata • Hindi: पान लता panlata • Konkani: फिर्ता firta • Marathi: करंज वेल karanj vel • Oriya: kelia • Sanskrit: अङ्गार वल्ली angaar valli • Telugu: అంగారవల్లి angarvalli, నల్ల తీగ nalla tiga

Please wait for comment(s) for validation.

Regards.

Dinesh Valke

Feb 8, 2010, 9:55:59 AM2/8/10
to Adittya Dharap, shubhada nikharge, indian...@googlegroups.com
... agreeing with Aditya ji ... confused myself..

It is Derris trifoliata ... commonly known as: common derris • Bengali: পান লতা panlata • Hindi: पान लता panlata • Konkani: फिर्ता firta • Marathi: करंज वेल karanj vel • Oriya: kelia • Sanskrit: अङ्गार वल्ली angaar valli • Telugu: అంగారవల్లి angarvalli, నల్ల తీగ nalla tiga

Regards.

shubhada nikharge

Feb 8, 2010, 10:18:38 AM2/8/10
to Adittya Dharap, Dinesh Valke, indian tree pix
Adityaji and Dineshji,
thanx for id.
I might have made a mistake. i am sorry.
i am putting up one more set of flowers with similar appearance.
i am sorry again.