6 pictures for you

15 views
Skip to first unread message

ushodayan thamphy

unread,
Sep 21, 2008, 10:18:01 AM9/21/08
to indiantreepix
water lillies continue..

ushodayan
You have been sent 6 pictures.


IMG_9267.JPG
IMG_9269.JPG
IMG_9271.JPG
IMG_9273.JPG
IMG_9275.JPG
IMG_9277.JPG

These pictures were sent with Picasa, from Google.
Try it out here: http://picasa.google.com/

IMG_9267.JPG
IMG_9269.JPG
IMG_9271.JPG
IMG_9273.JPG
IMG_9275.JPG
IMG_9277.JPG

Anand Kumar Bhatt

unread,
Sep 21, 2008, 12:41:18 PM9/21/08
to ushodayan thamphy, indiantreepix
I read somewhere that two most photographed objects in India are Taj Mahal and lotus/lilies. What can one do? they are so beautiful. That said, what pictures!!
akbhatt

J.M. Garg

unread,
Sep 21, 2008, 10:06:33 PM9/21/08
to Anand Kumar Bhatt, ushodayan thamphy, indiantreepix
Here are some extracts from Wikipedia link on Water Lilies: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nymphaeaceae

Nymphaeaceae is a family of flowering plants. Members of this family are commonly called water lilies and live in freshwater areas in temperate and tropical climates around the world. The family Nyhmpaeaceae contains 8 genera. There are about 70 species of water lilies around the world[1]. The genus Nymphaea contains about 35 species across the Northern Hemisphere[1]. The genus Victoria contains two species of giant water lilies and can be found in South America[1]. Water lilies are rooted in soil in bodies of water, with leaves and flowers floating on the water surface. The leaves are round, with a radial notch in Nymphaea and Nuphar, but fully circular in Victoria.

Water lilies are divided into two main categories: hardy and tropical. Hardy water lilies bloom only during the day, but tropical water lilies can bloom either day or night, and are the only group to contain blue-flowered plants.

Water lilies can be fragrant, such as Nymphaea odorata

Here is another good link: http://www.botany.hawaii.edu/FACULTY/CARR/nymphae.htm

For learning about our trees & plants, please visit/ join Google e-group (Indiantreepix) http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix?hl=en
For my Birds, Butterflies, Trees, Landscape pictures etc., visit http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/J.M.Garg

Nudrat

unread,
Sep 22, 2008, 1:07:04 AM9/22/08
to indiantreepix
The pictures are really very beautifully shot

On Sep 22, 7:06 am, "J.M. Garg" <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here are some extracts from Wikipedia link on Water Lilies:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nymphaeaceae
>
> *Nymphaeaceae* is a family of flowering
> plants<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flowering_plant>.
> Members of this family are commonly called water lilies and live in
> freshwater areas in temperate and tropical
> climates<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tropics>around the world. The
> family
> *Nyhmpaeaceae* contains 8 genera. There are about 70 species of water lilies
> around the world[1]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nymphaeaceae#cite_note-autogenerated1-0>.
> The genus *Nymphaea* contains about 35 species across the Northern
> Hemisphere <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Hemisphere>[1]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nymphaeaceae#cite_note-autogenerated1-0>.
> The genus Victoria contains two species of giant water lilies and can be
> found in South America[1]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nymphaeaceae#cite_note-autogenerated1-0>.
> Water lilies are rooted in soil <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soil> in
> bodies of water, with leaves <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leaf> and
> flowers<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flower>floating on the water
> surface. The leaves are round, with a radial notch in
> *Nymphaea <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nymphaea>* and
> *Nuphar<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuphar>
> *, but fully circular in
> *Victoria<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victoria_(waterlily)>
> *.
>
> Water lilies are divided into two main categories: hardy and tropical. Hardy
> water lilies bloom only during the day, but tropical water lilies can bloom
> either day or night, and are the only group to contain blue-flowered plants.
>
> Water lilies can be fragrant, such as *Nymphaea
> odorata<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nymphaea_odorata>
> *
>
> Here is another good link:http://www.botany.hawaii.edu/FACULTY/CARR/nymphae.htm
> On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 10:11 PM, Anand Kumar Bhatt
> <anandkbh...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> >  I read somewhere that two most photographed objects in India are Taj
> > Mahal and lotus/lilies. What can one do? they are so beautiful. That said,
> > what pictures!!
> > akbhatt
>
> >  On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 7:48 PM, ushodayan thamphy <ut.ce...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> water lillies continue..
>
> >> ushodayan
> >> You have been sent 6 pictures.
>
> >> IMG_9267.JPG
> >> IMG_9269.JPG
> >> IMG_9271.JPG
> >> IMG_9273.JPG
> >> IMG_9275.JPG
> >> IMG_9277.JPG
>
> >> These pictures were sent with Picasa, from Google.
> >> Try it out here:http://picasa.google.com/
>
> --
> With regards,
> J.M.Garg
> "We often ignore the beauty around us"
> For learning about our trees & plants, please visit/ join Google e-group
> (Indiantreepix)http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix?hl=en
> For my Birds, Butterflies, Trees, Landscape pictures etc., visithttp://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/J.M.Garg- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

ushodayan thamphy

unread,
Sep 23, 2008, 1:05:19 PM9/23/08
to indiantreepix
Thanks for the link,we are now trying to identify the lilies, the links will help in that. Sorry that i send the photos together, i could not resisit from sending them.
 
regads
 
ushodayan

 

Anand Kumar Bhatt

unread,
Sep 24, 2008, 12:32:34 PM9/24/08
to ushodayan thamphy, indiantreepix
Ushodayanji! your lovely pictures encouraged me to go to the net to find whether there is some site  which shows lotus pictures. Well, thanks to you I hit upon a site:
Bahman Farzad's flickr site on lotus pictures.
I hope you will enjoy.
akbhatt

sibda...@gmail.com

unread,
Sep 24, 2008, 1:28:09 PM9/24/08
to indiantreepix
Mecanopsis (Blue Poppy) is another blue flowered plant belonging to
Ranunculaceae, so are Anemone, Delphinium, Forget-me-not is also blue
flowered (Boraginaceae). There are blue flowered Hydrangia. Blue
flowered Iris(I. joyce) and related fls. can also be found. Blue
Flowered Scilla, Muscari are common. So blue flower can be found in
many families

On Sep 22, 7:06 am, "J.M. Garg" <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here are some extracts from Wikipedia link on Water Lilies:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nymphaeaceae
>
> *Nymphaeaceae* is a family of flowering
> plants<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flowering_plant>.
> Members of this family are commonly called water lilies and live in
> freshwater areas in temperate and tropical
> climates<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tropics>around the world. The
> family
> *Nyhmpaeaceae* contains 8 genera. There are about 70 species of water lilies
> around the world[1]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nymphaeaceae#cite_note-autogenerated1-0>.
> The genus *Nymphaea* contains about 35 species across the Northern
> Hemisphere <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Hemisphere>[1]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nymphaeaceae#cite_note-autogenerated1-0>.
> The genus Victoria contains two species of giant water lilies and can be
> found in South America[1]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nymphaeaceae#cite_note-autogenerated1-0>.
> Water lilies are rooted in soil <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soil> in
> bodies of water, with leaves <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leaf> and
> flowers<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flower>floating on the water
> surface. The leaves are round, with a radial notch in
> Water lilies are divided into two main categories: hardy and tropical. Hardy
> water lilies bloom only during the day, but tropical water lilies can bloom
> either day or night, and are the only group to contain blue-flowered plants.
>
> Water lilies can be fragrant, such as *Nymphaea
> odorata<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nymphaea_odorata>
> *
>
> Here is another good link:http://www.botany.hawaii.edu/FACULTY/CARR/nymphae.htm
> On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 10:11 PM, Anand Kumar Bhatt
> <anandkbh...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> >  I read somewhere that two most photographed objects in India are Taj
> > Mahal and lotus/lilies. What can one do? they are so beautiful. That said,
> > what pictures!!
> > akbhatt
>
> >  On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 7:48 PM, ushodayan thamphy <ut.ce...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> water lillies continue..
>
> >> ushodayan
> >> You have been sent 6 pictures.
>
> >> IMG_9267.JPG
> >> IMG_9269.JPG
> >> IMG_9271.JPG
> >> IMG_9273.JPG
> >> IMG_9275.JPG
> >> IMG_9277.JPG
>
> >> These pictures were sent with Picasa, from Google.
> >> Try it out here:http://picasa.google.com/
>
> --
> With regards,
> J.M.Garg
> "We often ignore the beauty around us"
> For learning about our trees & plants, please visit/ join Google e-group

JM Garg

unread,
Apr 15, 2018, 12:03:24 PM4/15/18
to efloraofindia, USHODAYAN THAMPY
IMG_9267.JPG
IMG_9273.JPG

JM Garg

unread,
Apr 15, 2018, 12:04:15 PM4/15/18
to efloraofindia, USHODAYAN THAMPY


On Sunday, 21 September 2008 19:48:01 UTC+5:30, uday wrote:
IMG_9269.JPG

JM Garg

unread,
Apr 15, 2018, 12:06:01 PM4/15/18
to efloraofindia, USHODAYAN THAMPY

On Sunday, 21 September 2008 19:48:01 UTC+5:30, uday wrote:
IMG_9271.JPG
IMG_9275.JPG

JM Garg

unread,
Apr 15, 2018, 12:07:19 PM4/15/18
to efloraofindia, USHODAYAN THAMPY


On Sunday, 21 September 2008 19:48:01 UTC+5:30, uday wrote:
IMG_9277.JPG
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages