Colourful blossoms of a tree

raghu ananth

Mar 13, 2009, 12:37:07 PM3/13/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com

Colourful blossoms of a tree - a mix of Orange, Red,  Rose ....

Theosophical society
Chennai
Sep 2008

Regards
Raghu

Share files, take polls, and make new friends - all under one roof. Click here.
DSC_2450.jpg
DSC_2451.jpg

Rakesh Biswas

Mar 13, 2009, 1:06:11 PM3/13/09
to raghu ananth, indian...@googlegroups.com
Id?

Kenneth Greby

Mar 13, 2009, 1:11:18 PM3/13/09
to raghu ananth, Rakesh Biswas, indian...@googlegroups.com
Decidedly a Cassia species, though I'm not positive of which. Perhaps C. grandis?

Regards--
Ken Greby
Broward County, Florida USA

Dinesh Valke

Mar 13, 2009, 1:54:07 PM3/13/09
to fst...@yahoo.com, raghu ananth, Rakesh Biswas, indian...@googlegroups.com
... to me seems Cassia x nealiae ... needs validation.

Regards.

Kenneth Greby

Mar 13, 2009, 1:59:49 PM3/13/09
to Dinesh Valke, raghu ananth, Rakesh Biswas, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dinesh--

 Based on the colors, that was my initial thought as well. However, infloresence didn't appear pendant.

 Regards--
 Ken Greby.

raghu ananth

Mar 13, 2009, 2:04:40 PM3/13/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com

Looks very similar to

Cassia grandis    L. f.
Common Name: CARAO, STINKING TOE

Cassia grandis Fabaceae Lal Bahava, CARAO, STINKING TOE tree, Bukut, Brazilian/ Horse Cassia, Coral/ Pink shower, Liquorice tree  Flowering visible in many areas of the city for last fortnight- 17/3/08- Poona- Satish ji. Flowering occurs between March and April as per link. Cassia grandis Cassia grandis(Lal Bahava) - indiantreepix | Google Groups
 Carao leaves are paripinnately compound, alternate, and large (30 cm by 10 cm), each with about 16 pairs of leaflets...
...the tree produces abundant flowers (3 cm) in long axillary racemes. Their unusual pastel shades of pink and orange engulf the entire crown and create a welcome splash of color during the summer's driest month. Each flower has five large, lavender sepals...
..
Carao trees range from southern Mexico, to Surinam and Brazil.

Looks like the flowering/fruiting month of this species vary based on gegraphical locations.

-Regards