flowers at Kaas - 1

shubhada nikharge

Dec 30, 2008, 8:38:33 AM12/30/08
to Botany course, Wild Flower India, indian...@googlegroups.com
we had been to Kaas in Oct 08.

pic 122 - which clerodendrum?

cheers,
shubhada

bearded marsh star dysophylla stellata 2008_1006_kaas_0197 e.JPG
clerodendrum 2008_1006_kaas_0122 e.JPG
Cyanotis fasciculata Nilwanti 2008_1006_kaas_0009 e.JPG
Euphorbia rothiana dudhi 2008_1006_kaas_0158 e.JPG

J.M. Garg

Dec 30, 2008, 9:34:48 AM12/30/08
to shubhada nikharge, Botany course, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Shubhada ji,
Appears like Clerodendrum serratum
See from Indiantreepix Database:
Clerodendrum serratum  Verbenaceae Blue fountain bush, Bharngi, Bharang   At Koyana WLS, Maharashtra- Alka ji- 16/10/07?; Kass Plateau, Approx. 20 kms north of Satara, Maharashtra: 29th to 31st Aug'08; http://www.herbalcureindia.com/herbs/bharngi.htm Blue fountain bush - indiantreepix | Google Groups Clerodendrum serratum - Bharang - indiantreepix | Google Groups

Anil Kumar

Dec 30, 2008, 11:42:56 AM12/30/08
to J.M. Garg, shubhada nikharge, Botany course, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear
The first photograph (bearded marsh star dysophylla stellata 2008_1006_kaas_0197 e.JPG)
is of Pogostemon deccanensis

J.M. Garg

Dec 30, 2008, 9:35:33 PM12/30/08
to Anil Kumar, shubhada nikharge, indian...@googlegroups.com
Pogostemon deccanensis from Indiantreepix Database:
Pogostemon deccanensis  Lamiaceae Jambhali-manjiri,

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

shubhada nikharge

Dec 31, 2008, 2:08:02 AM12/31/08
to Anil Kumar, J.M. Garg, Botany course, indian...@googlegroups.com
Mr. Anilkumar and Mr. Garg,
Thanx for correction. I did not know about the new name. i had referred to the book 'Common Indian Wild flowers' by Mr. Issac Kehimkar.
Thanx & regards,
shubhada

Jan 4, 2009, 11:44:43 AM1/4/09
to indiantreepix