Crinum species for Id 040909JM2

18 views
Skip to first unread message

J.M. Garg

unread,
Sep 4, 2009, 9:59:51 AM9/4/09
to indiantreepix
On 29/8/09 in a Park in Hyderabad in an unattended area.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jmgarg1
'Creating awareness of Indian Flora & Fauna'
Image Resource of thousands of my images of Birds, Butterflies, Flora etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise): http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg
For learning about Indian Flora, visit/ join Google e-group- Indiantreepix:http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix?hl=en

Crinum species I IMG_1103.jpg
Crinum species I IMG_1108.jpg

J.M. Garg

unread,
Sep 10, 2009, 1:16:32 PM9/10/09
to indiantreepix

Forwarding again for Id assistance pl.

Crinum species I IMG_1103.jpg
Crinum species I IMG_1108.jpg

J.M. Garg

unread,
Oct 5, 2009, 10:27:43 AM10/5/09
to indiantreepix
Forwarding again for Id assistance pl.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>
Date: 2009/9/4
Subject: Crinum species for Id 040909JM2
To: indiantreepix <indian...@googlegroups.com>


Crinum species I IMG_1103.jpg
Crinum species I IMG_1108.jpg

J.M. Garg

unread,
Mar 14, 2011, 8:52:20 AM3/14/11
to efloraofindia

Forwarding again for Id confirmation or otherwise please.

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“I have tentatively identified your images File:Crinum species W IMG 1103.jpg and file:Crinum species W IMG 1108.jpg as Crinum humile. It agrees well with the description, but the thing is that Crinum humile is thought to be extinct. Would it be possible for you to investigate this plant futher? Uleli (talk) 10:49, 14 March 2011 (UTC)” from Wikimedia Commons.



---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>
Date: 4 September 2009 19:29
Subject: Crinum species for Id 040909JM2
To: indiantreepix <indian...@googlegroups.com>


The whole world uses my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise): http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg. You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Google e-group- Efloraofindia:http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix or https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (more than 1550 members & 64,000 messages on 28/2/11 & with a database of around 4500 species on 15/12/10)

Crinum species I IMG_1103.jpg
Crinum species I IMG_1108.jpg

hari lal

unread,
Mar 14, 2011, 9:55:00 AM3/14/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
local name sudarshan crinum sps
i think
hari shankar lal

On 3/14/11, J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Forwarding again for Id confirmation or otherwise please.
>
> Some earlier relevant feedback:
>
> “I have tentatively identified your images File:Crinum species W IMG

> 1103.jpg<http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Crinum_species_W_IMG_1103.jpg>and


> file:Crinum
> species W IMG

> 1108.jpg<http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Crinum_species_W_IMG_1108.jpg>as
> *Crinum humile*. It agrees well with the description, but the thing is that
> *Crinum humile* is thought to be extinct. Would it be possible for you to
> investigate this plant futher?
> Uleli<http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Uleli>(
> talk <http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Uleli>) 10:49, 14 March


> 2011 (UTC)” from Wikimedia Commons.
>
>
> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>
> Date: 4 September 2009 19:29
> Subject: Crinum species for Id 040909JM2
> To: indiantreepix <indian...@googlegroups.com>
>
>
> On 29/8/09 in a Park in Hyderabad in an unattended area.
> --
> With regards,
> J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jmgarg1
> 'Creating awareness of Indian Flora & Fauna'
> Image Resource of thousands of my images of Birds, Butterflies, Flora etc.
> (arranged alphabetically & place-wise):
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg
> For learning about Indian Flora, visit/ join Google e-group- Indiantreepix:
> http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix?hl=en
>
>
>
>
> --
> With regards,
> J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jmgarg1
> 'Creating awareness of Indian Flora & Fauna'

> The whole world uses my Image Resource of more than a *thousand species* &

Gurcharan Singh

unread,
Mar 14, 2011, 10:17:23 AM3/14/11
to hari lal, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
May be Crinum americanum


-- 
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/ 

shrikant ingalhalikar

unread,
Mar 14, 2011, 10:39:36 AM3/14/11
to efloraofindia
Perianth salver shaped, lobes lanceolate, flowers sessile, apex of
leaves obtuse; this would be Crinum pratense Herb. In a park any
Crinum sp. can be found yet the distribution will have to be confirmed
from the local flora. Regards, Shrikant

On Mar 14, 5:52 pm, "J.M. Garg" <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Forwarding again for Id confirmation or otherwise please.
>
> Some earlier relevant feedback:
>
> “I have tentatively identified your images File:Crinum species W IMG
> 1103.jpg<http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Crinum_species_W_IMG_1103.jpg>and
> file:Crinum
> species W IMG 1108.jpg<http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Crinum_species_W_IMG_1108.jpg>as
> *Crinum humile*. It agrees well with the description, but the thing is that
> *Crinum humile* is thought to be extinct. Would it be possible for you to
> investigate this plant futher?
> talk <http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Uleli>) 10:49, 14 March
> 2011 (UTC)” from Wikimedia Commons.
>
>
>
> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: J.M. Garg <jmga...@gmail.com>
> Date: 4 September 2009 19:29
> Subject: Crinum species for Id 040909JM2
> To: indiantreepix <indian...@googlegroups.com>
>
> On 29/8/09 in a Park in Hyderabad in an unattended area.
> --
> With regards,
> J.M.Garg (jmga...@gmail.com)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jmgarg1
> 'Creating awareness of Indian Flora & Fauna'
> Image Resource of thousands of my images of Birds, Butterflies, Flora etc.
> (arranged alphabetically & place-wise):http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg
> For learning about Indian Flora, visit/ join Google e-group- Indiantreepix:http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix?hl=en
>
> --
> With regards,
> J.M.Garg (jmga...@gmail.com)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jmgarg1
> 'Creating awareness of Indian Flora & Fauna'
> The whole world uses my Image Resource of more than a *thousand species* &
> eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged
> alphabetically & place-wise):http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg. You can also use them
> for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.
> For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora,
> please visit/ join our Google e-group- Efloraofindia:http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepixorhttps://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/(more than 1550 members &
> 64,000 messages on 28/2/11 & with a database of around 4500 species on
> 15/12/10)
>
>
>
>  Crinum species I IMG_1103.jpg
> 351KViewDownload
>
>  Crinum species I IMG_1108.jpg
> 212KViewDownload- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

Gurcharan Singh

unread,
Mar 14, 2011, 11:11:30 AM3/14/11
to shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
Yes Shrikant ji
You may be right. However, the correct name according to the Kew Plant List is Crinum lorifolium Roxb. ex Ker Gawl. with following from the same area as synonyms: C pratense Herb., Crinum canalifolium Herb.,   Crinum elegans Carey ex Herb., Crinum longifolium Roxb. ex Ker Gawl


-- 
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
.........................................................
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages