Andhra Pradesh Flora; Eastern Ghats, Identification request

kamasani narasimhareddy

Mar 2, 2012, 2:26:52 AM3/2/12
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Vijayasankar

Dear All,

Let me  know the identity of this species.

Date- September2010

Location- Eastern Ghats, Altitude 800 Mt.

Habitat- Field hedges

Plant Habit-  Large tree

Height- 15-20 mt.

Leaves  alternate, petiole- 8-11 mm long; lamina- 80mm - 170 mm length; and 40-65 mm width; margin wavy to crenate, tip acute to acuminate

Fruit - stocked, size: 35-48 mm length and 30-38mm width

Regards

K.N. Reddy

Research Scientist

DSC07990 KNR15.JPG
DSC08004KNR25.JPG
DSC08005KNR26.JPG
DSC08006KNR27.JPG
DSC08007KNR28.JPG
KNR17.JPG
DSC07991KNR16.JPG
DSC07996KNR18.JPG
DSC07997KNR19.JPG
DSC07998KNR20.JPG
DSC07999KNR21.JPG
DSC08000KNR22.JPG
DSC08001KNR23.JPG
DSC08002KNR24.JPG

jmgarg1

Mar 14, 2012, 1:09:06 AM3/14/12
to kamasani narasimhareddy, efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Vijayasankar

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1820 members & 1,10,000 messages on 29/2/12) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 6000 species).

jmgarg1

Mar 14, 2012, 1:42:51 AM3/14/12
to kamasani narasimhareddy, efloraofindia, tropica...@yahoo.co.in
A reply:
"I had collected the same species form Koraput district in 2004. However, I came across only one tree, probably cultivated and couldn't be identified. The adivasi communities there consider this as a folk variant of Kendu.
Warm Regards,
Franco, F.M."

Vijayasankar

Mar 14, 2012, 10:57:07 AM3/14/12
to jmgarg1, kamasani narasimhareddy, efloraofindia, tropica...@yahoo.co.in
It may be a member of Rutaceae.
Narasimha Reddy ji, do you have any detail about its flowers?

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman
University of Mississippi

jmgarg1

M.Swamy

Mar 28, 2012, 12:37:32 AM3/28/12
to indian...@googlegroups.com, kamasani narasimhareddy
Looks like some species of Diospyros. But not sure.

J.M. Garg

Aug 2, 2020, 8:20:57 AM8/2/20
to efloraofindia, kamasani narasimhareddy

“I had collected the same species form Koraput district in 2004. However, I came across only one tree, probably cultivated and couldn't be identified. The adivasi communities there consider this as a folk variant of Kendu.

Warm Regards,
Franco, F.M.”

“It may be a member of Rutaceae.
Narasimha Reddy ji, do you have any detail about its flowers?
Regards
Vijayasankar Raman”

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1820 members & 1,10,000 messages on 29/2/12) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 6000 species).

With regards,
J.M.Garg
DSC07990 KNR15.JPG
DSC08004KNR25.JPG
DSC08005KNR26.JPG
DSC08006KNR27.JPG
DSC08007KNR28.JPG
KNR17.JPG
DSC07991KNR16.JPG
DSC07996KNR18.JPG
DSC07997KNR19.JPG
DSC07998KNR20.JPG
DSC07999KNR21.JPG
DSC08000KNR22.JPG
DSC08001KNR23.JPG
DSC08002KNR24.JPG

Lalithamba Avadhanam

Aug 2, 2020, 11:43:43 AM8/2/20
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, kamasani narasimhareddy
Bark leaf and fruit suggest it as Scolopia crenata not sure because flower is absent may I know the location means district and place of collection (eastern ghats has very vast range of mountains
--
A.Lalithamba

Lalithamba Avadhanam

Aug 2, 2020, 11:46:30 AM8/2/20
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, kamasani narasimhareddy
whether the fruit has any cayx if so it may be Diospyros species I will check
--
A.Lalithamba

J.M. Garg

Aug 16, 2020, 5:20:14 AM8/16/20
to Lalithamba Avadhanam, efloraofindia, kamasani narasimhareddy, M Swamy
I think Scolopia crenata appears a better possibility.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Aug 24, 2020, 12:50:40 AM8/24/20
to efloraofindia

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Nov 26, 2023, 4:29:37 AM11/26/23
to efloraofindia, Lalithamba Avadhanam, Kumar Prabhat Das, kamasani narasimhareddy
Nov 26, 2023, 11:01:23 AM11/26/23
to efloraofindia, Lalithamba Avadhanam, kamasani narasimhareddy, Kumar Prabhat Das