Petrea volubilis

preeti patil

Feb 28, 2009, 11:41:36 PM2/28/09
to indiantreepix
Hi

Although this flower has been discussed before,

wanted to share these photos of the same.

Currently in full bloom on our terrace farm.

Preeti

Petrea Volubilis.JPG
Close up Petrea Volubilis.JPG
P Volubilis.JPG
Leaf Petrea Volubilis.JPG

satish phadke

Mar 2, 2009, 8:40:29 AM3/2/09
to preeti patil, indiantreepix
Petrea has its own unique beautiful colour.
It's a treat to the eyes to observe the flowers of this climber.
Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures.
Satish

2009/3/1 preeti patil <preet...@gmail.com>

--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com

Dinesh Valke

Mar 2, 2009, 9:15:43 AM3/2/09
to satish phadke, preeti patil, indiantreepix
I agree ... a very beautiful sight !!!
Thanks Preeti ji.

Regards.

Anand Kumar Bhatt

Mar 4, 2009, 9:18:53 AM3/4/09
to preeti patil, indiantreepix
I have seen it flowering and have planted a few in my earlier workplace. It is a huge woody climber. Flowers profusely during this time, but the flowers are short-lived. It is wisteria of warmer climes.
akbhatt

bindu kapadia

Mar 5, 2009, 2:34:32 AM3/5/09
to Anand Kumar Bhatt, preeti patil, indiantreepix
Yes, very true.It's so beautiful.At present i see one everyday- wholly covered with the blossoms besides Tecoma (Vasant) covered with yellow clusters! The combination of
purple and yellow looks so attractive!
Regards,
Bindu

Anand Kumar Bhatt

Mar 5, 2009, 4:53:14 AM3/5/09
to bindu kapadia, preeti patil, indiantreepix
Yes, i can imagine. I have two shrubs (or trees) of Tecoma gaudichaudi. They have been flowering now for months. Whereas the tree has uneven shape, and not very pretty, but the cluster of  yellow flowers more than compensate for it. In the next rainy season I will try to trim the plant to bring the shape into more pressentable form.
akbhatt

Gwalior. 474 005.
Tele: 0751-247 2233. Mobile 0 94253 09780.