Thespesia populnea-270510PKA3

Prashant awale

May 27, 2010, 1:04:58 PM5/27/10
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,
Indian Tulip flowers...

Bot. name: Thespesia populnea
Family: Malvaceae
Date/Time: 27-05-2010 / 11:00AM
Location: Mumbai

regards
Prashant
Indian Tulip-1.jpg
IMG_7178.jpg
IMG_7177.jpg

tanay bose

May 27, 2010, 11:55:52 PM5/27/10
to Prashant awale, indiantreepix
Thanks for the post Prasant ji a very common road side tree in Kolkata, in Bengali we call it " Paras Peepul" and in English " Portia Tree".
Tanay

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)

Pardeshi S.

May 28, 2010, 1:01:25 AM5/28/10
to efloraofindia
Yes Tanay it is also very commonly plant in Mumbai city as well. also
called Paras bhendy in this part of the country.

Regards
Satish Pardeshi

On May 28, 8:55 am, tanay bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the post Prasant ji a very common road side tree in Kolkata, in
> Bengali we call it " Paras Peepul" and in English " Portia Tree".
> Tanay
>

> On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 10:34 PM, Prashant awale <pkaw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Dear Friends,
> > Indian Tulip flowers...
>
> > Bot. name: *Thespesia populnea  *
> > Family*:* Malvaceae
> > Date/Time: 27-05-2010 / 11:00AM
> > Location: Mumbai
>
> > regards
> > Prashant
>
> > --
> > .

tanay bose

May 28, 2010, 1:27:58 AM5/28/10
to Pardeshi S., efloraofindia
Thanks for the info Satish Ji
Tanay

M. Sundararaman

May 28, 2010, 3:57:38 AM5/28/10
to tanay...@gmail.com, pka...@gmail.com, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear friends,
for those in Chennai,
I raise "Thespesia Populnea" Saplings in Milk=sachets and make available to any Environmentalist freely.Upto about 100 arenow ready..i also distribute seeds freely
The Photographs were very nice and I have saved those in my Folder .Thanks ,M.SUNDARARAMAN

On Fri, 28 May 2010 09:20:43 +0530 wrote

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 10:34 PM, Prashant awale wrote:

Dear Friends,
Indian Tulip flowers...

Bot. name: Thespesia populnea

Family: Malvaceae
Date/Time: 27-05-2010 / 11:00AM

Location: Mumbai

regards
Prashant

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              +91(033) 25550676      end_of_the_skype_highlighting (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)

M. Sundararaman Tel# 044--24461660;SINDHUR SEA PRINCESS
9 Coastal Road ., BESANT NAGAR; CHENNAI 600090
Until the last tree is cut;
Until the last river is dry;
Until the last fish is caught;
Until the last animal is killed;
Man willnot realise that he cannot eat money
Founder Trustee of NIZHAL,anNGO ofChennai
SeedEXNORA Senator
Founder of "FRIENDS OF NATURE"--an NGO dedicated to TREE-PLANTING in Rural India Pl contact
044- 24421545 Shri R,Subramanian