Which Cassia?-190909-RK-1

ranjini kamath

Sep 19, 2009, 8:44:42 AM9/19/09
to indiatreepix
Please identify this Cassia [family ID needed too].Pic taken in
Bannarghatta Forest area,Bangalore-17-09-09.
Thank you.
Ranjini Kamath
IMG_5500-ph.JPG

Dinesh Valke

Sep 19, 2009, 9:13:34 AM9/19/09
to ranjini kamath, indiatreepix
... could this be Siamese Cassia, Cassia siamea, rather Senna suamea ? ... http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Siamese%20Cassia.html
Regards.

Dinesh Valke

Sep 21, 2009, 4:48:02 AM9/21/09
to ranjini kamath, Indian Tree Pix
Ranjini ji, it is possible this plant is different from Senna siamea ... will wait for more comments from friends.
Regards.

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 11:36 AM, ranjini kamath <ranj...@gmail.com> wrote:
    Dinesh ji      I'm doubtful of this being Cassia siamea.I looked
up Pradip Kishen's trees of Delhi & it says flowers of C.simea
[Kassod]are not particularly showy but pale yellow & leaf stalk is
reddish.These Cassia flowers were a bright yellow -growing
profusely..A bit confused!
Regards
            Ranjini Kamath

On 9/19/09, Dinesh Valke <dinesh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ... could this be Siamese Cassia, *Cassia siamea, *rather *Senna suamea* ?

Anand Kumar Bhatt

Sep 21, 2009, 4:58:13 AM9/21/09
to Dinesh Valke, ranjini kamath, Indian Tree Pix
People are highly sceptic of Cassia Siamea as roadside and avenue plantation because of the highly allergic nature of its pollen.
Horror of horrors, some people in Delhi have cut down old beautiful Putranjiva trees in their compound (In Lutyen's Delhi) because of its suspected allergenic characteristic.
Can some member throw light on the allergic characteristics of these two trees?
akbhatt
--
Anand Kumar Bhatt
A-59, B.S.F.Colony, Airport Road

Navendu

Sep 21, 2009, 12:36:21 PM9/21/09
to indiantreepix
Its Cassia spectabilis, differs from C.siamea in having acuminate
leaves

navendu