DV - 20MAR10 - 1121

Dinesh Valke

Mar 21, 2010, 9:59:49 AM3/21/10
to efloraofindia
Dear friends,
Aspects found in photos may not be sufficient for getting to ID ... therefore not stressing on identification.
More keen on knowing what is seen are flowers OR some kind of different growth.
If indeed flowers, will certainly attempt to get more photos in next attempt.

Date/Time : March 20, 2010 at 11.21am IST
Location Place : Tungareshwar Wildlife Sanctuary... Altitude : 51 m ... GPS : 19°24'33.75"N, 72°53'31.71"E
Habitat : Garden/Urban/Wild/ ... Type :
Plant Habit : small tree ... Height : about 20 - 30 ft ... Length : - not a climber -
Leaves Type : compound ... Shape : please see in photo ... Size : leaf: about 9 -12 cm
Inflorescence Type : do not know ... Size : do not know
Flowers Size : do not know ... Colour : do not know ... Calyx : do not know ... Bracts : do not know
Fruits Type : do not know ... Shape : do not know ... Size : do not know ... Seeds : do not know

Other Info :
Fragrance : do not know ...  Pollinator : do not know ...  Uses : do not know

Regards.

P1150964.jpg
P1150958.jpg
P1150960.jpg
P1150960_cropped.jpg
P1150962.jpg

Satish Phadke

Mar 21, 2010, 11:39:35 AM3/21/10
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
What about Emblica officinalis flowers?Amla

tanay bose

Mar 21, 2010, 11:45:54 AM3/21/10
to Satish Phadke, Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Dear Dinesh ji ,
This is are flowers of course, But noy sure if this is E officinalis I dont think it has this kind of morphology ........
Regards
tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Dinesh Valke

Mar 21, 2010, 11:59:24 AM3/21/10
to tanay bose, Satish Phadke, efloraofindia, Tabish Qureshi
At least getting the feel that these are indeed flowers ... to me it was sheer suspense.

Satish ji, not sure if it is Emblica officinalis ... not yet familiar with its flowering ... and it also would mean me mistaking the leaves for leaflets !!!
Tanay, let us wait for more comment(s).

Regards.

tanay bose

Mar 21, 2010, 12:05:33 PM3/21/10
to Dinesh Valke, Satish Phadke, efloraofindia, Tabish Qureshi
Obviously Dinesh ji this an interesting plant it's worth knowning name of such  plants.
Tanay

Yazdy Palia

Mar 21, 2010, 12:41:32 PM3/21/10
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
hello friends,
This definitely looks like Amla or Emblica officinalis.
Though, the describtion of the leaves as or rather its size seems to
be a mistake. It can not be 9cm or 12 cm. It could be 12 mm.
Regards
Yazdy Palia.

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 21, 2010, 1:35:42 PM3/21/10
to Yazdy Palia, Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Satish ji and Tanay

I am uploading my photographs separately. This will perhaps lessen your doubts.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

shrikant ingalhalikar

Mar 21, 2010, 2:08:43 PM3/21/10
to efloraofindia
This is beyond doubt Emblica officinalis (syn Phyllanthus emblica).
The leaves are not pinnate hence the size of leaves should have been
mentioned as 1 cm. Regards, Shrikant

On Mar 21, 6:59 pm, Dinesh Valke <dinesh.va...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear friends,
> Aspects found in photos may not be sufficient for getting to ID ...
> therefore not stressing on identification.
> More keen on knowing what is seen are flowers OR some kind of different
> growth.
> If indeed flowers, will certainly attempt to get more photos in next
> attempt.
>

> *Date/Time* : March 20, 2010 at 11.21am IST
> *Location Place* : Tungareshwar Wildlife Sanctuary... *Altitude* : 51 m ...
> *GPS* : 19°24'33.75"N, 72°53'31.71"E
> *Habitat* : Garden/Urban/Wild/ ... *Type* :
> *Plant Habit* : small tree ... *Height *: about 20 - 30 ft ... *Length* : -
> not a climber -
> *Leaves Type *: compound ... *Shape* : please see in photo ... *Size* :

> leaf: about 9 -12 cm

> *Inflorescence Type* : do not know ... *Size* : do not know
> *Flowers Size* : do not know ... *Colour* : do not know ... *Calyx* : do not
> know ... *Bracts* : do not know
> *Fruits Type* : do not know ... *Shape *: do not know ... *Size* : do not
> know ... *Seeds* : do not know
>
> *Other Info* :
> *Fragrance* : do not know ...  *Pollinator* : do not know ...  *Uses* : do
> not know
>
> Regards.
>
>  P1150964.jpg
> 121KViewDownload
>
>  P1150958.jpg
> 84KViewDownload
>
>  P1150960.jpg
> 71KViewDownload
>
>  P1150960_cropped.jpg
> 68KViewDownload
>
>  P1150962.jpg
> 90KViewDownload

tanay bose

Mar 21, 2010, 2:26:01 PM3/21/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Yazdy Palia, Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Dear Gurcharan ji ? Shrikant Ji,
My doubts are all gone ....... !!!! This plant is indeed Emblica officinalis . Thanks Gurcharan ji for uploading the beautiful picture .
Regards
Tanay

Devendra Bhardwaj

Mar 21, 2010, 7:57:41 PM3/21/10
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
They are certainly flowers of

uke

vkaoyk

oSKkfud uke

QkbZysaFkl ,efcYdk Phyllanthus emblica

dqy

QkbysaFkslh¼bQkjfc;lh½

vU; uke

vkeyk] vkeydh] bafM;u xwtcsjh] ,efcYd

oSKkfud i;kZ;okph uke

Emblica officinalis

Regard

Devendra

Mar 21, 2010, 11:25:00 PM3/21/10
to Devendra Bhardwaj, efloraofindia
Devendra ji, you must have put some of the words in native scripts; however they are not unicode characters.
Your computer must be having some font installed which renders these words sensibly.

Attached image file shows what is seen on my computer.

Best practice to display native scripts is using unicode characters.

Regards.
no_special_font.gif

Devendra Bhardwaj

Mar 22, 2010, 12:22:38 PM3/22/10