ID needed

Amit Ray

Jul 11, 2009, 11:11:56 PM7/11/09
to indiantreepix
Photographed at Naggar, Himachal Pradesh in July 1997.

--
Amit Ray
25B Central Road
Kolkata 700032
India
Phone: +91 033 24136034
Mobile: +919433715107
Email:
1) amitra...@gmail.com
2) amitra...@yahoo.co.in
3) amitra...@hotmail.com
4) amitra...@myway.com
5) ami...@dellmail.com
6) amitra...@lavabit.com
7) amitra...@aol.in
8) amitran...@rediffmail.com
wldflw3_nagg_jul97.jpg

Amit Ray

Jul 11, 2009, 11:24:29 PM7/11/09
to indiantreepix
youngpine_nagg_jul97.jpg

Amit Ray

Jul 11, 2009, 11:38:16 PM7/11/09
to indiantreepix
Photographed in shola forest near Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu in September 1991.
red_mush_kod_9-91.jpg

narendra joshi

Jul 13, 2009, 2:55:15 AM7/13/09
to Amit Ray, Indiantrees

The fruit appears to be Himalayan Strawberry (Fragaria nubicola )

Regards,

Narendra Joshi

Jul 13, 2009, 11:52:11 PM7/13/09
to narendra joshi, Indiantrees
Thank you very much, Narendra-ji for the ID. Regards.

Amit Ray

Jul 13, 2009, 11:55:15 PM7/13/09
to Padmini Raghavan, indiantreepix
Thank you, Padmini-ji. Do you have the Latin name? Regards.

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 2:59 PM, Padmini Raghavan <pad...@gmail.com> wrote:
This is the Fly Agaric mushroom. It has hallucinatory and intoxicating properties.
It is placed in a plate of milk to attract and drown flies.
The Laplanders fed it to their reindeer and collected their urine from which they brewed an intoxicating drink.
 Lewis Carrol is supposed to have used this info ( the hallucinatory effect) to present his Caterpillar - of Alice in Wonderland fame-  sitting on a bright crimson mushroom with splotches of white, smoking a hookah.

 Padmini Raghavan.

Amit Ray

Jul 16, 2009, 1:20:08 AM7/16/09
to indiantreepix
I am forwarding this photo again for ID. Is it young pine?

Jul 28, 2021, 9:14:43 AM7/28/21
to amitra...@gmail.com, J.M. Garg, efloraindia
Dear Mr. Garg,
1st image of fruit looks like Potentilla indica (Andr.) Wolf and
there are other images of some other sp. I guess this thread needs to b e removed.
Thank you
Saroj Kasaju
youngpine_nagg_jul97.jpg