Hooghly Today : white Ixora

surajit koley

Dec 5, 2012, 11:55:13 AM12/5/12
to efloraofindia
Sir,

FoP has three white Ixora - 1) I. polyantha 2) I. pavetta and 3) I. undulata. FoP also informs I. pavetta Andr. is a small tree and the other two are shrub or small shrub.

Found this plant today in a PWD compound, i think it is a tree of about 15 ft. These flowers looks like the ones at - http://www.flickr.com/photos/dinesh_valke/2093739918/in/photostream/, yet i am not sure, for there is a discussion at - https://groups.google.com/d/topic/indiantreepix/W-AS4OWhx1U/discussion.

Thank you & Regards,

surajit

DSCN8879.jpg
DSCN8880.jpg
DSCN8881.jpg
DSCN8885.jpg
DSCN8887.jpg

jmgarg1

Dec 11, 2012, 2:04:58 AM12/11/12
to efloraofindia, tanay...@gmail.com, ratang...@yahoo.com, mitra...@gmail.com, mithi...@yahoo.com, pch...@gmail.com, micromi...@gmail.com, archan...@yahoo.co.in, surajitno...@gmail.com, sukla_...@yahoo.co.in

With regards,
J.M.Garg
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 2015 members & 1,39,500 messages on 30/11/12) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 7500 species).

DSCN8879.jpg
DSCN8880.jpg
DSCN8881.jpg
DSCN8885.jpg
DSCN8887.jpg

surajit koley

Dec 11, 2012, 12:13:53 PM12/11/12
to jmgarg1, efloraofindia
Thank you Garg Sir

Regards,

surajit
Message has been deleted

surajit koley

Dec 23, 2012, 10:34:18 AM12/23/12
to jmgarg1, efloraofindia
Thank you once again Garg Sir

Regards,

surajit

Apr 11, 2013, 7:37:19 AM4/11/13
to surajit koley, jmgarg1, efloraofindia
Many thanks Surajit ji for this upload.
I guess this is Ixora polyantha ... ref: Janaki Ammal Herbarium

Hope we get soon to the paper suggested by Santhosh ji ... Revision of Indian Pavetta by Deb &  Rout, BSI  Calcutta

Regards.
Dinesh

surajit koley

Apr 11, 2013, 2:04:46 PM4/11/13
to Dinesh Valke, jmgarg1, efloraofindia
Thank you very much Dinesh Ji, for the ID and link.

Regards,
surajit

surajit koley

May 11, 2013, 1:28:56 PM5/11/13
to Dinesh Valke, jmgarg1, efloraofindia
Please check it again, in the context of - https://groups.google.com/d/msg/indiantreepix/aeWdGDgGt8I/bilcwAbM6CcJ.

Thank you,

Regards,
surajit

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 10, 2021, 7:01:09 AMJan 10
to efloraofindia
Forwarding again for ID
Distributed as  Ixora pavetta ?
Group discussion at

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 10, 2021, 7:01:54 AMJan 10
to efloraofindia
Forwarding again for ID
Distributed as  Ixora pavetta ?
Group discussion at

Jan 10, 2021, 7:36:15 AMJan 10
to efloraindia, surajit koley
Ixora pavetta Andrews
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 10, 2021, 9:52:22 AMJan 10
to efloraofindia, surajit koley
Thanks Saroj ji.

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Mob: 9810359089

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "efloraofindia" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/CAEf%3DytRVyK5E6S5tT%2B7ofzEa9ecFr%3Dt0f-%3DZLWepNY_iQpO6Zg%40mail.gmail.com.

J.M. Garg

Jan 16, 2021, 2:34:29 AMJan 16
to efloraofindia, surajit koley, Saroj Kasaju, GurcharanSingh
Not Ixora pavetta as per images and detail herein.
Appears close to Ixora finlaysoniana Wall. ex G.Don as per comparative images at Ixora

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

surajit koley

Mar 14, 2021, 10:15:12 AMMar 14
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, GurcharanSingh
Thank you for the ID, Sir.

With regards,

Surajit Koley