[efloraofindia:32462] Re: Fwd: DV - 11APR10 - 1226 :: rohira

Neil Soares

Apr 17, 2010, 3:23:24 AM4/17/10
to Dinesh Valke, indiantreepix
Hi Dinesh,
  It looks like Chukrasia tabularis [Lal Devdar]. Have planted a sapling but it is still small. Sending you a few of my photographs.
                  Regards,
                    Neil.

From: Dinesh Valke <dinesh...@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 9:37 PM
Subject: DV - 11APR10 - 1226 :: rohira
To: efloraofindia <indian...@googlegroups.com>

Dear friends,
The local folk said the name of this tree in Marathi is rohira OR rohiri (रोहिरा OR रोहिरी)
ID please.

Date/Time
: April 11, 2010 at 12.26pm IST
Location Place : Nagla Forest Block (part of Sanjay Gandhi National Park)

Altitude : about 53 m
GPS : 19°17'52.93"N, 72°54'33.76"E (± some seconds)

Habitat : wild
Type : mixed deciduous forest

Plant
Habit
: tree
Height : about 10 -15 m
Length : - not a climber -

Leaves
Type
: compound leaf ... leaflets ¿ arranged alternately ?, base oblique, terminal leaflet symmetrical
Shape (leaflet) : ovate-lanceolate
Size (leaflet) : 6 - 8 cm x 3 - 4 cm

Inflorescence
Type
: solitary
Size : -

Flowers
Size
: do not know
Colour : do not know
Calyx : do not know
Bracts : do not know

Fruits ... please refer photo
Type
: ¿ capsule ?
Shape : globose
Size : about 5 - 6 cm
Seeds : winged

Other Info
Fragrance : do not know
Pollinator : do not know
Uses : of medicinal value, as told by local folk.

Regards.

Chukrasia tabularis 1.jpg
Chukrasia tabularis 2.jpg

Dinesh Valke

Apr 17, 2010, 6:04:01 AM4/17/10
to Neil Soares, indiantreepix
Neil ji, many thanks for the response.
Leaves of your planted sapling do not seem to differ much in appearance of a matured plant.

In my case, please take a look at one of my attached photos -- sapling.jpg --- the young leaf looks very different ... BUT, not familiar with how rapidly the leaves transform to take their final pinnate appearance.

Regards.