070409SCS(3.1) Request ID wild plant

Suresh C. Sharma

Apr 7, 2009, 1:45:27 AM4/7/09
to indiantreepix, Anil Kumar
It was a straggly creeper spreading all around on the sandy ground.
Sonepat, 5th March 09.
Wonder if it is some kind of Uraria sp.
This is the only wild plant I could not ID, I shot on 5th March 09.
My last of the day.

Shall be grateful for the ID, though images are of average quality.

Best,
Suresh C Sharma
Picture-038.jpg
Picture-037.jpg
Picture-036.jpg

Nayan Singh

Apr 7, 2009, 1:54:20 AM4/7/09
to Suresh C. Sharma, indiantreepix
Dear Suresh
your plant looks like Boerhabia diffusa
Thanks

N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests
and Field Director
Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
M.P.
09424792100

Apr 7, 2009, 2:26:13 AM4/7/09
to Nayan Singh, indiantreepix
Thank you Nayan Sahib,

Yes, this is the plant. Description on page 272 of Illustrated Flora of Keoladeo National Park (BNHS publication) mentions,"A prostrate or ascending, perennial herb with a stout tap root. Leaves opposite, in pairs of unequal sides, boradly ovate, cordate at base, wavy on margin. Flowers sessile, pinkish-white, arranged in axillary or terminal umbel-like, peduncled clusters. Fruits clavate, 5-ribbed, glandular along the ribs".  Habitat : Roadsides and scattered in sandy soil throughout the ulands. Flowering : Throughout the year."

Also, Isaac Kehimkar's Common Indian Wild Plant mentions it at Serial No. 199, page No. 102.

Thanks again for your prompt response.

Kind regards,
Suresh C Sharma
_________

J.M. Garg

Apr 7, 2009, 4:14:59 AM4/7/09
to Suresh C. Sharma, Nayan Singh, indiantreepix

More details from Indiantreepix Database:

Boerhavia diffusa Nyctaginaceae  Spreading Hogweed, Punarnava, Red spiderling  Flowering in Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Mumbai- 7/4/08 (?).  Himalaya's Herbs and Minerals - Quality products start with quality raw materials Bohrevia sps. - indiantreepix | Google Groups Tiny flowers for id please? - indiantreepix | Google Groups Database entry for Erva Tostao - Boerhaavia diffusa - Erva Tostao - Boerhaavia diffusa

Devendra Bhardwaj

Apr 7, 2009, 9:03:38 AM4/7/09
to indiantreepix, Suresh C. Sharma, Anil Kumar
Hekko Sir,
This is Boerhaavia diffusa .Sanskrit=Rakth punarnava Used in jauindice(pilia)
With Regard
Devendra Bhardwaj

It was a straggly creeper spreading all around on the sandy ground.
Sonepat, 5th March 09.
Wonder if it is some kind of Uraria sp.
This is the only wild plant I could not ID, I shot on 5th March 09.
My last of the day.

Shall be grateful for the ID, though images are of average quality.

Best,
Suresh C Sharma

Get rid of Add-Ons in your email ID. Get your...@ymail.com. Sign up now!

Devendra Bhardwaj

Apr 7, 2009, 9:05:24 AM4/7/09
to indiantreepix, Suresh C. Sharma, Anil Kumar
Boerhaavia diffusa