Weeds are beautiful_Persicaria maculosa_RKC02_091011

Ritesh Kumar Choudhary

Oct 9, 2011, 8:15:00 AM10/9/11
to efloraofindia
Dear all,

Persicaria maculosa for you

Family: Polygonaceae.

Loc.: Daejeon, S. Korea

Date: 9th Oct. 2011.

Regards,
Ritesh.
Persicaria maculosa.jpg
Polygonum2.jpg
Polygonum3.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 9, 2011, 8:19:28 AM10/9/11
to Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, efloraofindia
Nice photographs, Ritesh ji

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Ritesh

Oct 9, 2011, 8:21:03 AM10/9/11
to efloraofindia
Thank you sir!

Ritesh.

Prashant awale

Oct 9, 2011, 9:37:42 AM10/9/11
to Ritesh, efloraofindia
Nice set of photographs Ritesh ji.
Regards
Prashant

On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 5:51 PM, Ritesh <rites...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank you sir!

Ritesh.

Tanay Bose

Oct 9, 2011, 9:59:16 AM10/9/11
to Prashant awale, Ritesh, efloraofindia
Nice Ritesh ji
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Ritesh Kumar Choudhary

Oct 10, 2011, 12:57:31 AM10/10/11
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, tanay bose, Prashant awale
Dear all,

I request all of you to please consider this plant as Persicaria longiseta (Brujin) Kitagawa.

Apologies for my mistake. Both the plants are morphologically very similar. They only differ with a few micro morphological characters like length of the bristles of ochrea, style no. and nut shape.

Today I came across a fruiting plant of the same the nuts of which were trigonus. The number of style is also 3 here.

Uploading two more photographs for your perusal.

Sorry once again!

Best regards,
Ritesh.
Persicaria longiseta_1.jpg