[efloraofindia:34151] Terminalia-another confusion????

Gurcharan Singh

May 6, 2010, 6:36:59 AM5/6/10
to efloraofindia
This tree was also mixed up in same area as other two, flowering in July, photographed on july 1, 2009, probably it may belong to what I think T. catappa, but leaves look lighter in colour, may be young. I am unable to decide. Please provide your opinion.

What I consider T. mueller was photographed November 11 and what I consider T. catappa on 24 August, 2009.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Terminalia-DU-Delhi-1.jpg
Terminalia-DU-Delhi-2.jpg
Terminalia-DU-Delhi-3.jpg

Neil Soares

May 6, 2010, 6:46:21 AM5/6/10
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh
Hi Prof. Singh,
  This is also T.chebulia.
                Regards,
                  Neil.

Kenneth Greby

May 6, 2010, 8:14:34 AM5/6/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Dr. Singh--

 I don't know too many of this genus, but I'm pretty sure that this one isn't T. catappa. Leaves look too small.

Regards--
Ken.

May 6, 2010, 10:33:40 AM5/6/10
to Kenneth Greby, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Agreed for T. chebula. (The petiolar glands are prominent). Certainly its not T. catappa.

With regards

R. Vijayasankar