For ID climber- 200309Jm1

J.M. Garg

Mar 20, 2009, 11:25:56 AM3/20/09
to indiantreepix
Shots were taken around a very large water body in the bushes in an island (Edermundi), which was surrounded by saline waters coming from the sea in the Krishna Delta in Krishna Distt. of A.P.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For ID climber I IMG_6738.jpg
For ID climber I IMG_6802.jpg

Dinesh Valke

Mar 20, 2009, 11:58:12 AM3/20/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
... would it be some Holostemma species ?
Regards.

Dinesh Valke

Mar 21, 2009, 12:37:38 AM3/21/09
to aditty...@yahoo.com, Indian Tree Pix
... here is what Adittya ji writes:

Hello,

Or is it an Oxystelma sp. ?

best regards

Adittya

Adittya, I am not sure of: Oxystelma or Holostemma or it could be any else... I was just thinking aloud.
Regards.

On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 8:41 AM, Adittya Dharap <aditty...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hello,

Or is it an Oxystelma sp. ?

best regards

Adittya

J.M. Garg

Mar 21, 2009, 3:17:27 AM3/21/09
to Dinesh Valke, aditty...@yahoo.com, Indian Tree Pix

Stephen A

Mar 22, 2009, 11:58:11 PM3/22/09
to J.M. Garg, Dinesh Valke, aditty...@yahoo.com, Indian Tree Pix
Hello,

It could be Oxystelma secamone.

http://www.gardentia.net/asclepia_009.htm

Check the above link,

Regards,

Stephen...
--
Think about the Environment before printing this e-mail! ü
+----------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------+

sweedle cerejo

Mar 23, 2009, 1:05:05 AM3/23/09
to Stephen A, J.M. Garg, Dinesh Valke, aditty...@yahoo.com, Indian Tree Pix
Hi All,

         It is Oxystelma secamone for sure, belonging to family Asclepiadaceae.

Regards,
Sweedle

"The more our world functions like the natural world, the more likely we are to endure on this home that is ours, but not ours alone."
~ Janine Benyus

J.M. Garg

Mar 23, 2009, 11:56:17 AM3/23/09
to sweedle cerejo, Stephen A, Dinesh Valke, aditty...@yahoo.com, Indian Tree Pix
Thanks, Sweedle & Stephen ji.
As per link http://www.efloras.org/florataxon.aspx?flora_id=2&taxon_id=200018687 for Oxystelma esculentum  (Periploca esculenta Linnaeus f., Suppl. Pl. 168. 1781; Asclepias rosea Roxburgh; Oxystelma wallichii Wight; Sarcostemma esculentum (Linnaeus f.) R. W. Holm.)
" Some authorities have suggested that the correct name for this species is Oxystelma secamone (Linnaeus) Karsten, 1883, based on Periploca secamone Linnaeus, 1771, but Goyder & Singh (Taxon 40: 629-630, 1991) showed that P. secamone is a synonym of Secamone alpinii Schultes from Africa."