Re: MS-012311 - 9 - Bauhinia racemosa

M Swamy

Jan 23, 2011, 9:01:19 AM1/23/11
to efloraofindia

Bauhinia racemosa? Photos taken during October 2008 in Curzon park Mysore.  Small tree .

DSCN2817.JPG
DSCN2815.JPG
DSCN2816.JPG

tanay bose

Jan 23, 2011, 11:15:49 AM1/23/11
to M Swamy, efloraofindia
Without closeup hard to confirm
tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

J.M. Garg

May 4, 2011, 8:52:48 AM5/4/11
to efloraofindia, vinay...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, giby.ku...@gmail.com, adav...@gmail.com, noorie new, Mahadeswara Swamy

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“Without closeup hard to confirm
tanay”

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1580 members & 66,000 messages on 30/3/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 4500 species)

DSCN2817.JPG
DSCN2815.JPG
DSCN2816.JPG

Giby Kuriakose

May 4, 2011, 11:44:20 PM5/4/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, vinay...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, adav...@gmail.com, noorie new, Mahadeswara Swamy
Without flower, I don't think that it is possible to id this.

Regards
 Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,

Neil Soares

May 5, 2011, 12:45:35 AM5/5/11
to J.M. Garg, Giby Kuriakose, efloraofindia, vinay...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, adav...@gmail.com, noorie new, Mahadeswara Swamy
Hi,
 Agreed, but from the jizz, the tree does look like Apta [Bauhinia racemosa]. Please check the archives of this group for my photographs of this.
               Regards,
                Neil Soares.

Neil Soares

May 5, 2011, 12:59:33 AM5/5/11
to J.M. Garg, Giby Kuriakose, efloraofindia, vinay...@gmail.com, vijay.b...@gmail.com, adav...@gmail.com, noorie new, Mahadeswara Swamy
Hi,
 Forgot to mention - a white flower is seen at the top of the third photograph and, if you use your imagination, also at a few places in the second photograph.
                     Regards,
                      Neil Soares.