Calycopteris floribunda-ukshi.

rashida atthar

Mar 9, 2010, 12:33:11 AM3/9/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com

This gregarious climber was seen blooming at MNP on 28 Feb.'10. The persistent calyx of the fruit which is orangish brown can be mistaken as flowers.

regards,
Rashida.

Sena, Shah Rukh and the fight over Mumbai Sign up now.
Calycopteris floribunda blooms.JPG
Calycopteris floribunda flowers close up.JPG
Calycopteris floribunda leaves in a pot.JPG
Calycopteris floribunda turning pale orange.JPG
Calycopteris floribunda in a pot.JPG

Prashant awale

Mar 9, 2010, 1:29:10 AM3/9/10
to rashida atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Rashida ji,
I have few snaps of this flower. Do have a look. Photographed at CBD Belapur, Navi Mumbai.
best wishes
Prashant

ukshi-IMG_5381.jpg
ukshi-IMG_5321.jpg

rashida atthar

Mar 9, 2010, 1:54:50 AM3/9/10
to pka...@gmail.com, indian...@googlegroups.com

very nice close-ups Prashant ji.  Do keep a track of the fruits with the persistent calyx too.

regards,
Rashida.

Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 11:59:10 +0530
Subject: Re: [efloraofindia:29188] Calycopteris floribunda-ukshi.
From: pka...@gmail.com
To: rashid...@hotmail.com
CC: indian...@googlegroups.com

The best dressed and the most admired Drag n' drop

Satish Phadke

Mar 9, 2010, 3:04:28 AM3/9/10
to rashida atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Rahida ji
Thanks for showing these beautifully illustrated pictures.
Prashant ji thanks for adding from your collection.
I don't know whether the plant can be spotted around Pune. I would love to see it.
Dr Phadke

Dinesh Valke

Mar 9, 2010, 4:26:07 AM3/9/10
to Satish Phadke, rashida atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Satish ji, surely must be found around Pune (in the wild, on the outskirts, ghats ... where wooded).
Regards.