[efloraofindia:32825] Raphanus sativus

tanay bose

Apr 21, 2010, 1:15:09 AM4/21/10
to efloraofindia
Flower of Raphanus sativus from Shantiniketan , District Birbhum, West Bengal January 2010

--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

DSC03878.JPG

rashida atthar

Apr 21, 2010, 4:29:57 AM4/21/10
to tanay...@gmail.com, indian...@googlegroups.com
Wonderful to see flora from Shantiniketan, thanks for sharing Tanay ji.

regards,
Rashida.

Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 10:45:09 +0530
Subject: [efloraofindia:32825] Raphanus sativus
From: tanay...@gmail.com
To: indian...@googlegroups.com

Catch the changing security environment Get it now.

tanay bose

Apr 21, 2010, 7:08:26 AM4/21/10
to rashida atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com

WELCOME RASHIDA JI
TANAY

Balkar Arya

Apr 21, 2010, 1:05:05 PM4/21/10
to tanay bose, rashida atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Some R sativus pics from my fields Lohari Panipat also

Regards

--
Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat

tanay bose

Apr 21, 2010, 10:54:17 PM4/21/10
to Balkar Arya, rashida atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Balkar Ji,
Is this plant growing in your own agricultural fields? Nice to see you are still interested in applied Botany !!! Whats crops do you grow in your farm?
Regards
tanay

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 10:35 PM, Balkar Arya <balka...@gmail.com> wrote:
Some R sativus pics from my fields Lohari Panipat also

Regards

--
Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)
9674221362 (Mobile)

Balkar Arya

Apr 22, 2010, 11:29:05 AM4/22/10
to tanay bose, rashida atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Tanay
I have my own farm of 10 acres of Land (irrigated by Western Yamuna Canal Distributary and Own Tubewell). We mainly grow wheat and rice. other crops grown in a short area are moong, Urd, Sugarcane, Brassica, Raphanus, Trifolium alexandrium, and many vegetable like Tomato, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Broccoli, Carrot, Coriander, Brinjal, Capsicum, Cucumber, many other cucurbitaceous vegetables, Bhindi, Onion, Garlic. Some fruit trees are Amrood(S gujava), Mango, Jamun (S. nervosum), Jamoya (S.cumini), Cordia dichotoma, Mulberry and Some medicinal plants
And many wild plant (you are seeing in my postings)
Presently i am trying to build a herbal Garden containing atleast 27 trees related to each Nakshatras ( 7-8 trees already planted)
All of you are most welcome to visit

Regards
--
Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat

tanay bose

Satish Phadke

Apr 22, 2010, 11:44:13 AM4/22/10
to tanay bose, Balkar Arya, rashida atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Common name of Raphanus sativus is Radish.
Family Brassicaceae.
The commonly consumed part as a vegetable is its fleshy roots.
(मराठी :मुळा )
Tanay ji are the flowers from the regular white variety or red one?
DR PHADKE

tanay bose

Apr 22, 2010, 12:02:27 PM4/22/10
to Satish Phadke, Balkar Arya, rashida atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Satish ji,
Regular white variety. I am attaching the complete photo of the plant.
Regards
tanay

DSC03876.JPG