North Bengal Wildflowers-ID Request 1 -12May09-SJ

Sushmita Jha

May 12, 2009, 5:30:42 AM5/12/09
to indiantreepix
Hello all,

while a couple of IDs are still pending from the previous lot, let me throw three more in the fray.
This is the only photo I have of this flower/plant.

Thank you in anticipation.
Regards,
Sushmita Jha
ID Request-Purple-north bengal, Oct08- 496.jpg

Prashant awale

May 12, 2009, 5:39:30 AM5/12/09
to Sushmita Jha, indiantreepix
Looks like some "Dicliptera Sp".

Tabish

May 12, 2009, 5:40:07 AM5/12/09
to indiantreepix
This, or something similar has been inconclusivelyt discussed recently
on this forum. In my view, it could be a species of either Dicliptera
or Peristrophe. Can't do better than this.
- Tabish
>  ID Request-Purple-north bengal, Oct08- 496.jpg
> 110KViewDownload

Sushmita Jha

May 12, 2009, 6:01:44 AM5/12/09
to Tabish, indiantreepix
Thats right, Tabish. Certainly looks like a Dicliptera, if the earlier one was indeed that.
Am attaching the earlier post again just to compare.
sushmita

Dicliptera bupleuroides-Lava, north bengal, Oct08- 792.jpg

Suresh C. Sharma

May 12, 2009, 10:41:55 AM5/12/09
to Sushmita Jha, Tabish, indiantreepix
Here is my pic which was identified as Dicliptera resupinata, Asan Barrage, Dehradun in Mar 09, though not conclusively as Tabish ji has rightly mentioned.

Regards,
Suresh C Sharma

Dicliptera resupinata140309Asan15.jpg

Sushmita Jha

May 12, 2009, 11:01:43 AM5/12/09
to Suresh C. Sharma, Tabish, indiantreepix
Thank you, Suresh-ji. Yours (and mine) are Dicliptera alright but mine is certainly not resupinata. The colour, the sepils are very different, though coloration is less important as I have recently learnt.
Regards,
sushmita