Please identify cucurbitaceae member collected from Nellore district andhra pradesh

chennuru yvu

Mar 2, 2020, 11:04:48 PM3/2/20
to efloraofindia
I am sending photographs of cucurbitaceae family member please identify
DSC00959.JPG
DSC00960.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Mar 2, 2020, 11:51:45 PM3/2/20
to efloraindia
Trichosanthes cochinchinensis (Lour.) M. Roem.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

On Tue, Mar 3, 2020 at 9:49 AM chennuru yvu <chenn...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am sending photographs of cucurbitaceae family member please identify

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Mar 4, 2020, 3:15:41 PM3/4/20
to efloraofindia
Seems to T. cucumerina,
Cucurbitaceae,
With regards.

chennuru yvu

Mar 5, 2020, 10:38:06 AM3/5/20
to indian...@googlegroups.com

lalithamba

Mar 5, 2020, 10:49:33 AM3/5/20
to efloraofindia
It is Luffa tuberosa Syn. Momordica cymbelaria
I have also collected in Nellore dist.
A.Lalithamba

On Thursday, 5 March 2020 01:45:41 UTC+5:30, Paradesi Anjaneyulu wrote:
Seems to T. cucumerina,
Cucurbitaceae,
With regards.

On Tue, 3 Mar 2020 at 10:21, Saroj Kasaju <kasaj...@gmail.com> wrote:
Trichosanthes cochinchinensis (Lour.) M. Roem.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

On Tue, Mar 3, 2020 at 9:49 AM chennuru yvu <chenn...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am sending photographs of cucurbitaceae family member please identify

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Mar 5, 2020, 11:13:54 AM3/5/20
to efloraofindia
Am hoping seems not ma'am, if you don't mind can we get the pics which one you have, please,
for conformation only,
With regards.

To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/6e2d8381-bdf8-4b77-bb74-7b34100541b3%40googlegroups.com.

lalithamba

Mar 6, 2020, 7:26:24 AM3/6/20
to efloraofindia
attachinf Trichosanthes and Momordica cymbalaria
The characteristic feature is it has 8 sharp angles/ edges like Luffa acutangula, it is known as kaasara kaaya in Telugu, it measures 2-5-3.5cm,
some what rare
A.Lalithamba
Momordica cymbalaria.JPG
IMG_5530Trichosanthes cucumerina.JPG
IMG_5536Trichosanthes cucumerina young fruit.JPG

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Mar 6, 2020, 12:15:37 PM3/6/20
to efloraofindia
 Thank you so much, ma'am, for enlightening me, my great salutation to your experience,
What you said is exactly now I too agree with you, ma'am,
With regards.

To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/8d6c7a0b-ecd2-4f88-937f-c6cfa22fbad6%40googlegroups.com.

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Mar 6, 2020, 12:19:18 PM3/6/20
to efloraofindia
Nagendra sir, please confirm your plant as a Momordica cymbalaria as ma'am said,
With regards.