Konkan, May 2014 :: Requesting ID of this tree/climber :: 01JUN014 :: ARK-02

Alka Khare

Jun 1, 2014, 4:42:22 AM6/1/14
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hello friends

Requesting to please ID this tree/climber captured near Devgad, Maharashtra in May 2014.
I was told the fruits are called 'shengati' or 'shengti' in Marathi.

Thanks and Regards
Alka Khare

DSC00856.JPG
DSC00857.JPG
DSC00860.JPG
DSC00862.JPG
DSC00863.JPG

Neil Soares

Jun 1, 2014, 10:43:31 AM6/1/14
to Alka Khare, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
 This is a species of Capparis possibly C.moonii.

My photographs of an allied species C.zeylanica for comparison are available at these links :

                    With regards,
                      Neil Soares.

Google Groups
Google Groups allows you to create and participate in online forums and email-based groups with a rich experience for community conversations.
Preview by Yahoo

Gurumurthi Hegde

Jun 2, 2014, 12:33:39 AM6/2/14
to indian...@googlegroups.com, alk...@gmail.com, drneil...@yahoo.com
Agree with Dr. Neil.

 Capparis moonii Wight

Acuminate,( also a short tailed)  tipped, shining leaves,  and long gynophore are significant in this species.

Alka Khare

Jun 2, 2014, 2:50:25 AM6/2/14
to indian...@googlegroups.com, alk...@gmail.com, drneil...@yahoo.com
Thank you Neil ji and Gurumurthi ji for ID

Regards
Alka Khare

Neil Soares

Jun 2, 2014, 2:57:00 AM6/2/14
to Alka Khare, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
 You are most welcome. My photographs of the flowers of Capparis moonii are available at this link :

                With regards,
                  Neil Soares.

Google Groups
Google Groups allows you to create and participate in online forums and email-based groups with a rich experience for community conversations.
Preview by Yahoo

Alka Khare

Feb 21, 2021, 12:54:06 AMFeb 21
to efloraofindia
Attaching the flowers of this plant.
Saw it flowering in the last week of December 2020.
This was earlier identified as Capparis moonii.

Looking at the flowers, am a bit confused between Capparis moonii and C. zeylanica.
How do we differentiate between them?

Thanks and regards
Alka Khare

Capparis_Padel Aadvan_IMG_5478.JPG
Capparis_Padel AadvanIMG_5476.JPG
Capparis_Padel Aadvan_IMG_5477.JPG
Capparis_Padel Aadvan_IMG_5479.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Feb 21, 2021, 2:07:19 AMFeb 21
to efloraindia

Capparis zeylanica L.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Feb 21, 2021, 12:35:30 PMFeb 21
to efloraofindia
Leaves and Flowers have alternate seasons each other........Capparis zeylanica
Above characters at the same time.............................................Capparis moonii,

With regards.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack 02/21/21, 10:56:20 PM

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Feb 21, 2021, 12:43:25 PMFeb 21
to efloraofindia
When overlapping the above characters 👇

Stamens 20-50.....zeylanica
Stamens 55-80....moonii,
With regards.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack 02/21/21, 11:09:36 PM

J.M. Garg

Feb 25, 2021, 5:42:59 AMFeb 25
to efloraofindia, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, Alka, Saroj Kasaju
Based on the above, I will go for Capparis zeylanica L.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Feb 25, 2021, 10:39:19 AMFeb 25
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, Alka

Thank you Mr. Garg !

Saroj Kasaju

Alka Khare

Feb 28, 2021, 12:06:18 AMFeb 28
to efloraofindia
Thanks Garg ji and Saroj ji.

Even I was leaning towards C. zeylanica.

Thanks and regards
Alka Khare

Saroj Kasaju

Mar 2, 2021, 9:58:42 AMMar 2