Is it some Sesame species (130409YS4-6), Delhi region

Sangeeta Swami

Apr 13, 2009, 12:19:13 PM4/13/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com
This plant growing along the roadside and a harvested wheat field looked like some sesame species, but flower colour is orange yellow.
ID help is requested.
Best,
Sangeeta Swami
Picture-045.jpg
Picture-046.jpg
Picture-047.jpg

satish phadke

Apr 13, 2009, 12:24:37 PM4/13/09
to Sangeeta Swami, indian...@googlegroups.com
Not Sesame but some Crotolaria from Fabaceae.
Satish

2009/4/13 Sangeeta Swami <yash.s...@gmail.com>

--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com

Dinesh Valke

Apr 13, 2009, 12:26:07 PM4/13/09
to Sangeeta Swami, indian...@googlegroups.com
... I believe it to be Crotalaria sp.
Regards.

sibdas

Apr 13, 2009, 12:30:30 PM4/13/09
to indiantreepix
Sesame belongs to Lamiaceae. This plant is a papilionaceous one. A
Crotolaria, most likely C. Juncea

On Apr 13, 9:26 pm, Dinesh Valke <dinesh.va...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ... I believe it to be *Crotalaria* sp.
> Regards.
>
> On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 9:49 PM, Sangeeta Swami <yash.sange...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > This plant growing along the roadside and a harvested wheat field looked
> > like some sesame species, but flower colour is orange yellow.
> > ID help is requested.
> > Best,
> > Sangeeta Swami- Hide quoted text -

Sangeeta Swami

Apr 13, 2009, 12:42:09 PM4/13/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Satish ji, Dinesh ji and Sibdas ji,
Best,
Sangeeta Swami

Sadhna Sharma

Apr 13, 2009, 12:56:27 PM4/13/09
to sibdas, indiantreepix

Regards,
Sadhna Sharma

Dinesh Valke

Apr 13, 2009, 1:04:54 PM4/13/09
to Sadhna Sharma, sibdas, indiantreepix
Thanks Sadhna ji, Sibdas ji ... this helped me clear one of my unidentified Crotalaria.
Regards.