Jungli Suran

Rajesh Sachdev

Jun 7, 2009, 2:17:16 AM6/7/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com
The last 7 days i encountered this flower twice in diffrent parts of
maharashtra. A week ago, i was in Jawhar ( a tribal taluka in north
Maharashtra) for workshop on bio-diversity conservation. Where I was
served a ice delicious food prepared by this flower by a tribal
family. Yestrday, me & inesh were at Southern gate of SGNP, where I
again saw this flower, locally known as Shevla. In English it is
Dragons Stalk Yam and in scifi language it is amorphollus coooutatus
P6060110.JPG

sibdas

Jun 7, 2009, 5:09:24 AM6/7/09
to indiantreepix
Do you mean A. coaetaneus?
>  P6060110.JPG
> 156KViewDownload

Rajesh Sachdev

Jun 7, 2009, 5:20:19 AM6/7/09
to indiantreepix
Hi Sibdas,
sorry for the entire goofup. In the morning, while posting I was
having breakfast, so was typing with one fingure. The right name of
this flower is Amorphophallus commutatus.

The link of the flower on INW is
http://indianaturewatch.net/displayimage.php?id=98422
--

Regards
Rajesh Sachdev

kiran srivastava

Jun 7, 2009, 12:32:41 PM6/7/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com
A Dragon Stalk Yam was seen in Nagla Block three weeks ago but my photograph is not as good as the one aqttached here.
Cheers,
Kiran Srivastava
Mumbai