Boraginaceae Week :: Cynoglossum zeylanicum at Kas plateau :: PLEASE VALIDATE

Dinesh Valke

Jun 7, 2012, 11:21:06 AM6/7/12
to efloraofindia
Cynoglossum zeylanicum (Lehm.) Brand

  • SIGH-no-gloss-um or KYE-no-gloss-um -- dog's (or hound's) tongue ... Dave's Botanary
    zey-LAN-ee-kum -- of or from Ceylon (Sri Lanka) ... Dave's Botanary

Cynoglossum furcatum
Aug 25, 2010 ... at Kas plateau, Maharashtra

commonly known as: Ceylon forget-me-not, Ceylon hound's tongue • Hindi: andhahuli • Marathi: लिचर्डी lichardi • Nepalese: कनिके कुरो kanike kuro • Tamil: picinottarai • Telugu: kada anthrinta • Tibetan: tapa

Native of: Afghanistan, China, Japan, Indian subcontinent, Indo-China, Malesia; naturalized elsewhere

more views:
  • Sep 17, 2011 ... at Mahuli fort, Maharashtra
    Cynoglossum furcatum Cynoglossum furcatum tapa (in Tibetan) Ceylon Forget-me-not Ceylon Hound's Tongue kada anthrinta (in Telugu) Cynoglossum furcatum Cynoglossum furcatum

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Dear friends, please validate this ID.
The flower size is about 5 mm; fruits can be seen in the photographs.

I have another sighting of Cynoglossum zeylanica with entire corolla in blue, which I will post next for validation.

Regards.
Dinesh

Samir Mehta

Jun 7, 2012, 2:11:55 PM6/7/12
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Yes, looks good for Cynoglossum zeylanicum Dinesh ji.

Regards,

Samir Mehta

Dinesh Valke

Jun 7, 2012, 2:13:33 PM6/7/12
to Samir Mehta, indian...@googlegroups.com
Many thanks Samir ji for validating the ID.
Regards.
Dinesh

Mahadeswara

Jun 8, 2012, 10:05:37 AM6/8/12
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Nice set of  photographs.Thanks for sharing.