Tree ID, Chennai

reena chengappa

May 15, 2022, 7:38:00 AM5/15/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
Would anyone help with IDing this tree, please?
Screenshot_20220515-170427.png
Screenshot_20220515-170420.png

J.M. Garg

May 15, 2022, 10:48:20 PM5/15/22
to efloraofindia, reena chengappa
Where and when?

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

On Sun, 15 May, 2022, 5:07 pm reena chengappa, <chengap...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,
Would anyone help with IDing this tree, please?

reena chengappa

May 15, 2022, 11:08:53 PM5/15/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Shot by a freind in Chennai y'day

Mahadeswara

May 15, 2022, 11:58:48 PM5/15/22
to eFloraofIndia
Lannea coromandelica .  It is  the flowering season of this tree.

J.M. Garg

May 16, 2022, 12:15:58 AM5/16/22
to efloraofindia, reena chengappa, M Swamy
Thanks, Mahadeswara ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

J.M. Garg

May 19, 2022, 12:33:03 PM5/19/22
to efloraofindia, reena chengappa, M Swamy
I am having doubts as such long drooping inflorescence is not found in
https://efloraofindia.com/2011/03/11/lannea-coromandelica/
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Mahadeswara

May 19, 2022, 11:59:50 PM5/19/22
to eFloraofIndia

Mahadeswara

May 20, 2022, 12:02:30 AM5/20/22
to eFloraofIndia
http://tropical.theferns.info/image.php?id=Lannea+coromandelica

J.M. Garg

May 20, 2022, 12:43:10 AM5/20/22
to efloraofindia, M Swamy, reena chengappa
Hi, Reena ji,
May I request you to pl. post images of the whole tree, bark etc.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

May 23, 2022, 1:10:13 AM5/23/22
to reena chengappa, M Swamy, efloraofindia
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

reena chengappa

May 23, 2022, 1:18:16 AM5/23/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, M Swamy
Sure, Sir. Will ask my freind soon.

J.M. Garg

May 25, 2022, 12:11:16 PM5/25/22
to efloraofindia, reena chengappa, M Swamy

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Shot by a freind in Chennai y'day- from Reena ji

Lannea coromandelica. It is  the flowering season of this tree. - from Mahadeswara ji

I am having doubts as such long drooping inflorescence is not found in

Check this link :
http://flora-peninsula-indica.ces.iisc.ac.in/herbsheet.php?id=613&cat=7 - from Mahadeswara ji

http://tropical.theferns.info/image.php?id=Lannea+coromandelica - from Mahadeswara ji

May I request you to pl. post images of the whole tree, bark etc.- from me

Sure, Sir. Will ask my friend soon.- from Reena ji

With regards,
J.M.Garg
Screenshot_20220515-170427.png
Screenshot_20220515-170420.png

Dinesh Valke

May 25, 2022, 12:17:28 PM5/25/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, reena chengappa, M Swamy
I too believe this is Lannea coromandelica ... though the pendulous inflorescences are relatively longer than usual. Yet, validating comments are needed.

Regards.
Dinesh

vip...@gmail.com

May 25, 2022, 12:41:00 PM5/25/22
to efloraofindia, J.M. Garg, reena chengappa, M Swamy

Isn't it more in line with the male tree of Mallotus nudiflorus (L.) Kulju & Welzen [Euphorbiaceae]?

Best wishes, Viplav

radha veach

May 25, 2022, 1:02:02 PM5/25/22
to eFloraofIndia
These inflorescences are longer than usual, but the flowers match with Lannea coromandelica.
In Mallotus there are no petals

regards
Radha

vip...@gmail.com

May 25, 2022, 2:21:26 PM5/25/22
to efloraofindia

But aren't these unusually long inflorescences quite unlike the "terminal", "compound" racemes of Lannea? The staminate flowers of Mallotus nudiflorus are said to have 2 to 4 sepals.

Best wishes, Viplav

J.M. Garg

May 25, 2022, 8:33:28 PM5/25/22
to efloraofindia, vip...@gmail.com, radha veach, DineshValke, M Swamy, reena chengappa