Salix fragilis

Shakir Ahmad (Amateur Taxonomist)

Jun 14, 2021, 8:14:13 AM6/14/21
to efloraofindia
Location:Kulgam, Jammu and Kashmir.
1623672343346.jpg
1623672343336.jpg
1623672343299.jpg
1623672343314.jpg
1623672343326.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jun 21, 2021, 7:52:13 AM6/21/21
to saadiks...@gmail.com, efloraofindia
Hi, Shakir ji,
When was it flowering ?
Do you have any image showing the full tree?
It does not have distribution in your area as per POWO.

I think it may be Salix babylonica (Introduced) as per images and details herein and as per distribution in POWO.

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 at 17:44, Shakir Ahmad (Amateur Taxonomist) <saadiks...@gmail.com> wrote:
Location:Kulgam, Jammu and Kashmir.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Jun 21, 2021, 8:20:49 AM6/21/21
to efloraofindia, saadiks...@gmail.com

Jun 21, 2021, 8:20:59 AM6/21/21
--

On Mon, 21 Jun, 2021, 5:22 pm J.M. Garg, <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Jun 21, 2021, 8:22:23 AM6/21/21
to efloraofindia, saadiks...@gmail.com
Thanks, Shakir ji, for the habit image.
Yes, it will not be Salix babylonica (Introduced)

Jun 28, 2022, 3:36:09 AM6/28/22
to eFloraofIndia
Garg Ji, it appears not even Salix x fragilis.

Regards

J.M. Garg

Jun 28, 2022, 3:52:46 AM6/28/22
to efloraofindia, saadiks...@gmail.com, Anil Thakur
Thanks, Anil ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Shakir Ahmad

Jun 28, 2022, 4:21:41 AM6/28/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Anil Thakur
We don't have S.nigra in kashmir.
Salix babylonica is different from this sp.

J.M. Garg

Jun 28, 2022, 4:57:10 AM6/28/22
to Dr. Anil Kumar Thakur, efloraofindia
Thanks, Anil ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

On Tue, 28 Jun, 2022, 1:27 pm Dr. Anil Kumar Thakur, <aniltha...@gmail.com> wrote:
Garg Ji, Salix x fragilis was introduced in cold desert regions in India about 150 years ago. I have clicked some photographs from Spiti (H.P.) in June 2022 tour. I'll share them soon.

Regards
--
With best Regards,

Dr. Anil Kumar Thakur

Dr. Anil Kumar Thakur

Jun 28, 2022, 7:19:50 AM6/28/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, saadiks...@gmail.com
After going through lots of literature on Salix flagilis to confirm the identity of my specimens, I came across this good paper which beautifully differentiates between two closely related species (S. fragilis and S. alba; both these species have been widely cultivated in cold desert region in H.P.).
Regards

On Tue, Jun 28, 2022 at 1:22 PM J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:
Salix 6.pdf

J.M. Garg

Jul 4, 2022, 5:59:36 AM7/4/22
to Dr. Anil Kumar Thakur, efloraofindia, saadiks...@gmail.com
Thanks, Anil ji,
May I request you to pl. post your images.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Dr. Anil Kumar Thakur

Jul 4, 2022, 6:40:13 AM7/4/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Shakir Ahmad
Yes, Garg ji
I am trying to do more research before posting.
Regards

J.M. Garg

Jul 9, 2022, 8:21:11 AM7/9/22
to Dr. Anil Kumar Thakur, efloraofindia, Shakir Ahmad
Thanks, Anil ji
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg