Fw: [indiantreepix:19579] Fwd: Momordica??

Devendra Bhardwaj

Sep 26, 2009, 10:55:22 PM9/26/09
to indiantreepix, Pravin Kawale

--- On Sun, 27/9/09, devendra <devendra...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> From: devendra <devendra...@yahoo.com>
> Subject: [indiantreepix:19579] Fwd: Momordica??
> To: "indiantreepix" <indian...@googlegroups.com>
> Cc: "Pravin Kawale" <kawale...@gmail.com>
> Date: Sunday, 27 September, 2009, 8:22 AM
>
> Luffa acutangula

Yahoo! India has a new look. Take a sneak peek http://in.yahoo.com/trynew

Dr Gurcharan Singh

Sep 26, 2009, 11:58:31 PM9/26/09
to Devendra Bhardwaj, indiantreepix, Pravin Kawale

Yes I also thought that

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor, Department of Botany, SGTB Khalsa College

Prashant awale

Sep 27, 2009, 2:39:31 AM9/27/09
to Dr Gurcharan Singh, Devendra Bhardwaj, indiantreepix, Pravin Kawale
Thanks Devendra ji , Gurcharan Singh ji. The fruit in picture some how does not look like that of "Luffa acutangula".
Could this be "Luffa cylindrica"??

Thanks & best wishes
Prashant

Dr Gurcharan Singh

Sep 27, 2009, 3:06:05 AM9/27/09
to Prashant awale, Devendra Bhardwaj, indiantreepix, Pravin Kawale

Dinesh Valke

Sep 27, 2009, 3:10:11 AM9/27/09
to Dr Gurcharan Singh, Prashant awale, Devendra Bhardwaj, indiantreepix, Pravin Kawale
... me too think it to be L. acutangula.
I see L. cylindrica as "smooth", no edges.

Regards.

Prashant awale

Sep 27, 2009, 3:46:12 AM9/27/09
to Dinesh Valke, Dr Gurcharan Singh, Devendra Bhardwaj, indiantreepix, Pravin Kawale
Thanks Dinesh. Gurcharan Singh Ji is of the same view. I am taking this as L.acutangula.

Thanks & best wishes
Prashant