Tabernaemontana coronaria

Anand Kumar Bhatt

Aug 24, 2010, 1:01:55 AM8/24/10
to indiantreepix
Non-browsable. There are several varieties some with thicker petals and are semi-double or double.
Easy to grow from cuttings. Flowers in summer and rainy season. Dark green leaves and snow white flowers gives a pretty sight. Shot at Gwalior, my place.21-22 August '10.
ak

--
Anand Kumar Bhatt
A-59, B.S.F.Colony, Airport Road

mani nair

Aug 24, 2010, 3:46:46 AM8/24/10
to Anand Kumar Bhatt, indiantreepix
Nice photo of Crepe Jasmine.  In Marathi we call it Tagar.  Tree looks very beautiful when in flower.   During my morning walks I see lots of people collecting the flowers for puja.

Regards,

Mani.

tanay bose

Aug 24, 2010, 9:19:22 AM8/24/10
to mani nair, Anand Kumar Bhatt, indiantreepix
We in Bengali also call it Tagar !! I have both the varieties with me in my house in india
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant

Rashida Atthar

Aug 24, 2010, 11:15:51 AM8/24/10
to tanay bose, mani nair, Anand Kumar Bhatt, indiantreepix
This species of Tagar is profusely blooming at my place now  but otherwise also it is flowering almost through out the year!  The double tagar species blooms more during the first showers !

regards,
Rashida.

Shantanu

Aug 24, 2010, 2:56:31 PM8/24/10