Shrub 120110GS1 from Delhi for ID

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 12, 2010, 8:49:47 AM1/12/10
to efloraofindia

Sending shrub 120110GS1 from Delhi for ID, growing in Herbal Garden, Delhi

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor

shrub-Delhi-4.jpg
shrub-Delhi-1.jpg
shrub-Delhi-2.jpg
shrub-Delhi-3.jpg

Dr. Pankaj Kumar

Jan 12, 2010, 9:26:04 AM1/12/10
to efloraofindia
Isnt that Clerodendron serratum?

Pankaj

Satish Phadke

Jan 12, 2010, 9:34:33 AM1/12/10
to Dr. Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
It certainly looks like C.serratum.
The colour of the flowers is slightly different and the habitat...may be because it is cultivated.

2010/1/12 Dr. Pankaj Kumar <sahani...@gmail.com>
Isnt that Clerodendron serratum?

Pankaj

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 12, 2010, 9:53:59 AM1/12/10
to Satish Phadke, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Thanks for ID

Satish ji and Pankaj ji

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

shrikant ingalhalikar

Jan 12, 2010, 1:13:54 PM1/12/10
to efloraofindia
I think this to be Caryoptis odorata, a plant from Shivalik range. Pls
validate. Regards
Shrikant Ingalhalikar

>  shrub-Delhi-4.jpg
> 245KViewDownload
>
>  shrub-Delhi-1.jpg
> 170KViewDownload
>
>  shrub-Delhi-2.jpg
> 176KViewDownload
>
>  shrub-Delhi-3.jpg
> 231KViewDownload

J.M. Garg

Feb 17, 2010, 7:07:08 AM2/17/10
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, satish phadke, Shrikant Ingalhalikar

Earlier relevant feedback:

Isnt that Clerodendron serratum?

Pankaj”

“It certainly looks like C.serratum.
The colour of the flowers is slightly different and the habitat...may be because it is cultivated.”

I think this to be Caryoptis odorata, a plant from Shivalik range. Pls
validate.
Regards
Shrikant Ingalhalikar”

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

shrub-Delhi-4.jpg
shrub-Delhi-1.jpg
shrub-Delhi-2.jpg
shrub-Delhi-3.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 17, 2010, 9:35:04 AM2/17/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, satish phadke, Shrikant Ingalhalikar
Shrikant ji
I think you are right (inflorescence racemose and not umbellate). I will check fruiting calyx in next visit within this week to confirm

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

J.M. Garg

Mar 10, 2010, 6:54:33 AM3/10/10
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, satish phadke
Earlier relevant feedback:
“Isnt that Clerodendron serratum?
Pankaj”

“It certainly looks like C.serratum.
The colour of the flowers is slightly different and the habitat...may be because it is cultivated.” from Satish Phadke ji.

I think this to be Caryoptis odorata, a plant from Shivalik range. Pls
validate. Regards
Shrikant Ingalhalikar”
"Shrikant ji
I think you are right
(inflorescence racemose and not umbellate). I will check fruiting calyx in next visit within this week to confirm
--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh"

Aug 16, 2010, 10:20:26 AM8/16/10
to efloraofindia
Forwarding again for ID confirmation.

In light of the Plant uploaded by Mani ji on 14 August, which has been identified as Clerodendrum serratum

[efloraofindia:44360] Flower for ID140810MN

the identity of my plant can now be clearly resolved. In the meantime I had checked fruits of my plant and found that these are capsules (characteristic of Caryopteris) and not drupes (characteristic of Clerodendrum), and although flowers appear similar my plant clearly appears to be Caryopteris odorata, now correctly known as  Pseudocaryopteris bicolor (Roxb. ex Hardw.) P. D. Cantino (syn: Caryopteris bicolor (Roxb. ex Hardw.) Mabb.; Caryopteris wallichiana Schaeur;  Volkameria bicolor Roxb. ex Hardw.; Caryopteris odorata (Ham. ex Roxb.) Robinson)

Opinion of the members is sought on its identity.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
Aug 16, 2010, 2:37:14 PM8/16/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
This Clerodendrum serratum indeed !!
tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 16, 2010, 10:02:50 PM8/16/10
to tanay bose, efloraofindia
Tanay pl compare it with the plant of Mani ji and this one on FOI

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Navendu

Aug 18, 2010, 1:06:48 AM8/18/10
to efloraofindia
Its certainly Caryopteris, most probably wallichiana

navendu

On Aug 17, 7:02 am, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Tanay pl compare it with the plant of Mani ji and this one on FOI
>
> http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Bluebeard.html
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor
>
> On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 12:07 AM, tanay bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > This Clerodendrum serratum indeed !!
> > tanay

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 18, 2010, 2:06:14 AM8/18/10
to Navendu, efloraofindia
Thanks Navendu ji for confirmation
It took many months to get its true identity.
Caryopteris wallichiana and C. odorata are both now considered as synonyms of Pseudocaryopteris bicolor as mentioned by me above.