Tabebuia sp. -Validate- 31May10-JS

Jency Samuel

May 31, 2010, 3:58:13 PM5/31/10
to indiantreepix
Hi everyone,

This was taken a few weeks back in Chennai. Years ago, a board nailed to the bark of a similar tree referred to it as T. rosea. But when I googled recently, this seemed more like T pallida. Please validate. In some places, the trees are just about twenty feet tall. But at others, they reach more than  a 100 feet. and they are all in bloom. The tint of the flowers vary slightly ( as I had queried earlier, but without pix) from light pink to pale pink.

Rgds
Jency

Tabebuia001.JPG
Tabebuia002.JPG
Tabebuia003.JPG

Dr.ANIL KUMAR

Jun 1, 2010, 12:37:11 AM6/1/10
to efloraofindia
Dear it is Tabebuia rosea not pallida
>  Tabebuia001.JPG
> 150KViewDownload
>
>  Tabebuia002.JPG
> 160KViewDownload
>
>  Tabebuia003.JPG
> 154KViewDownload

tanay bose

Jun 1, 2010, 12:40:26 AM6/1/10
to Dr.ANIL KUMAR, efloraofindia
I too think this is T rosea and not pallida ... but will wait for other to comment before conclusion can be drawn.
Tanay

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)

Smilax004

Jun 1, 2010, 1:12:06 AM6/1/10
to efloraofindia
Hi,

Tabebuia rosea or T.pentaphylla.
Native of Venezuela.
A popular street tree in tropical cities with light pink or white
flowers. The roots dont cause much damage to the roads and streets. It
is the national tree of El Salvador and the state tree of Cojedes,
Venezuela.

Regards,
Giby.

On Jun 1, 9:40 am, tanay bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I too think this is T rosea and not pallida ... but will wait for other to
> comment before conclusion can be drawn.
> Tanay
>
> On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 10:07 AM, Dr.ANIL KUMAR <crazygrass...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Dear it is Tabebuia rosea not pallida
>
> > On Jun 1, 12:58 am, Jency Samuel <jencysam...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> > > Hi everyone,
>
> > > This was taken a few weeks back in Chennai. Years ago, a board nailed to
> > the bark of a similar tree referred to it as T. rosea. But when I googled
> > recently, this seemed more like T pallida. Please validate. In some places,
> > the trees are just about twenty feet tall. But at others, they reach more
> > than  a 100 feet. and they are all in bloom. The tint of the flowers vary
> > slightly ( as I had queried earlier, but without pix) from light pink to
> > pale pink.
>
> > > Rgds
> > > Jency
>
> > >  Tabebuia001.JPG
> > > 150KViewDownload
>
> > >  Tabebuia002.JPG
> > > 160KViewDownload
>
> > >  Tabebuia003.JPG
> > > 154KViewDownload
>
> > --
> > .

gubbala ramakrishnarao

Jun 3, 2010, 5:50:02 AM6/3/10
to Smilax004, efloraofindia
Hello ,

It is Tabebuia rosea only and not T.pallida.

G.Rama Krishna Rao