Plants from Himachal - Nicandra physalodes

Debasish Joardar

Oct 21, 2008, 11:46:35 AM10/21/08
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Location : At Nature Park, Manali, Himachal Pradesh.

Date : 09/10/2008.

It is Nicandra physalodes
Common Name : Apple of Peru.
Family : Solanaceae.

Identified with the help of  "Flowers of the Himalaya- A Supplement" by Adam Stainton.

Thanks,

Debasish Joardar.

Kindly confirm the identification.

Thanks,

Debasish Joardar.

Be the first one to try the new Messenger 9 Beta! Click here.
A.jpg
b.JPG

J.M. Garg

Oct 22, 2008, 8:40:23 PM10/22/08
to djoard...@yahoo.co.in, indian...@googlegroups.com

Mahendra Prasad

Oct 24, 2008, 2:56:43 AM10/24/08
to indian...@googlegroups.com, djoard...@yahoo.co.in
The leaves and flower seem similar to Physalis sps. Although the fruits are differently shaped but seem to be similar to Physalis fruits. Both belong to Solanaceae. Fruits and flowers quite different from other members of Solanaceae such as Chilly, Tomato, Potato ( tuber ) etc.

Mahadeswara Swamy

Oct 24, 2008, 10:16:19 AM10/24/08
to mahendrap...@yahoo.co.in, indian...@googlegroups.com, djoard...@yahoo.co.in
The plant looks like Physalis minima.

Oct 24, 2008, 12:23:47 PM10/24/08
to indiantreepix
It is definitely not Physalis minima.
You may check my earlier posting( last year) on Physalis minima
Or I shall try to post a new pic. of Physalis minima.

Debasish Joardar.