Clerodendrum serratum

J.M. Garg

Mar 17, 2010, 10:25:46 AM3/17/10
to efloraofindia
I was thrilled to see this lovely inflorescence for the first time in the forest.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Clerodendrum serratum- back of the fallen flower I IMG_1311.jpg
Clerodendrum serratum I4 IMG_1307.jpg
Clerodendrum serratum I3 IMG_1312.jpg
Clerodendrum serratum I IMG_1305.jpg
Clerodendrum serratum I IMG_1315.jpg
Clerodendrum serratum I IMG_1325.jpg
Clerodendrum serratum I IMG_1394.jpg

tanay bose

Mar 17, 2010, 11:39:04 AM3/17/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Garg ji I will only say a single word "SUPERB"!!!

Tanay

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)
9674221362 (Mobile)

Dinesh Valke

Mar 17, 2010, 11:31:17 PM3/17/10
to tanay bose, Tabish Qureshi, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Dear friends, while gathering the common names, found that the current name of Clerodendrum serratum (Clerodendrum is sometimes found spelt as Clerodendron) is Rotheca serrata
Ref: http://www.ars-grin.gov/cgi-bin/npgs/html/taxon.pl?447342
The basionym Volkameria serrata is much popular too.

... commonly known as: beetle killer, blue-flowered glory tree, blue fountain bush • Hindi: भारंगी bharangi • Konkani: भारंगी bharangi • Manipuri: মোইরাংগ খানম moirang khanam • Marathi: भारंग bharang, भारंगी bharangi • Nepalese: अनढिकि andikhi • Sanskrit: भार्गी bhaargi, भारङ्गी bharangi, ब्राह्मणयष्टिका brahmanayashtika, पद्म padma, फञ्जी phanji • Tamil: சிறுதேக்கு ciru-tekku

Regards.