id required : spice 4

sachin pandhare

Feb 10, 2009, 3:03:42 PM2/10/09
to treepix Indian
Hi,
I am sending you some spices used for making
could you please let me know the identification for them and the scientific names.

there will be around 15 spices.

thanks,
Sachin

PS: i just know that these should be one of the following (all marathi names)
Dongari, Safed, Shaha, Lasani, Shatavari, Panjabi, Kambarkas, DoodhKaLi, PimpaLi, Gathi, Bedana, Isabgol, Talimkhana, Motha Gokharu, Soonth
spice_04.jpg

J.M. Garg

Feb 11, 2009, 9:50:10 AM2/11/09
to sachin pandhare, treepix Indian
Working backwards for pictures on net for Shatavari (name provided by Sachin among 14 spices), I found these picture of Asparagus racemosus (Shatavari) matching with this post. I think finding species that way should not be difficult with so much inf. available on net: http://www.look-best.com/57834/1404360.html, http://www.neeroga.com/shatavariherb.aspx (with med. use) & http://img.alibaba.com/photo/100201611/Asparagus_Racemosus_Shatavari_Herbal_Tonic_For_Women.jpg

More links & details from Indiantreepix Database:

sachin pandhare

Feb 12, 2009, 12:51:21 PM2/12/09
to J.M. Garg, treepix Indian
so these are actually the roots. ok.