Tree for ID

Devi Nair

Mar 8, 2010, 2:08:52 AM3/8/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
 *Date/Time-* march  5th, 2010, Mid morning.

 *Location- Bandipur Forest on Kerala/ Karnataka border

*Habitat-  Wild

*Plant Habit- Tree

 *Flowers Size/ Colour/ - medium size, white

I am unable to attach the pics. because of the size restriction. Since I'm not very computer savvy, I am not sure how to reduce the sizes further. Hence I have put up the pictures separately on Picasa. titled Foresttree.I hope this is acceptable. If not I can try sending one or two pics. at a time.

Regards,

Devi

--
Earth is here so kind, that just tickle her with a hoe and she laughs with a harvest.
-- Douglas Jerrold.

ajinkya gadave

Mar 8, 2010, 2:11:10 AM3/8/10
to Devi Nair, indian...@googlegroups.com
i think this is markhamia

Kenneth Greby

Mar 8, 2010, 2:42:58 AM3/8/10
to ajinkya gadave, Devi Nair, indian...@googlegroups.com
Decidedly Bignoniaceae, but I don't think it is a Markhamia, most of which are nearly evergreen and bloom on current-season's growth. I would suspect perhaps a Radermachera or Stereospermum species.

Regards--
Ken Greby.

Mar 8, 2010, 6:47:17 AM3/8/10
to Kenneth Greby, ajinkya gadave, Devi Nair, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear devi ji,
the plant in the attached photo belongs Radermachera sinica, [China doll, Asian bell], belonging to the family Bignoniaceae.
Reagards
Tanay
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)
9674221362 (Mobile)

Mayur Nandikar

Mar 8, 2010, 7:00:41 AM3/8/10
to tanay bose, Kenneth Greby, ajinkya gadave, Devi Nair, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,
What about Heterophragma quadriloculare ?
This one also Deciduous.With dull white fragrent Flowers. Just Check it out.
Mr. Mayur D. Nandikar,
Research Student,
Department of Botany,
Shivaji University,
Kolhapur.

Kenneth Greby

Mar 8, 2010, 10:09:27 AM3/8/10
to Mayur Nandikar, tanay bose, ajinkya gadave, Devi Nair, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hello all--

 I do not believe that this is Radermachera sinica, a tree that blooms on new growth with leaves present. Flowers are long-tubed and not in large trusses like the tree pictured.

 I'm not familiar with Heterophragma quadriloculare; I will investigate further.

 Could it also be Radermachera xylocarpa, a tree that has been discussed here before? Sorry, I don't have the photos of that tree handy at the moment. Perhaps others can post and/or comment on it.

Regards--
Ken Greby.

Mar 8, 2010, 10:10:54 AM3/8/10
to Devi Nair, indian...@googlegroups.com
Most probably Radermachera xylocarpa.
The flower is much clean and neat than Heterophragma. The yellowish tinge is more prominent. The tree mostly doesn't possess any leaves when in full blossom.
Attaching pictures of a known Radermachera xylocarpa tree in Pune.
Dr Phadke

--
Radermachera xylocarpa.jpg
Radermachera xylocarpa1.jpg

tanay bose

Mar 8, 2010, 10:22:16 AM3/8/10
to Satish Phadke, Devi Nair, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Satish ji,
thank you for rectification.
regards
tanay

Pardeshi S.

Mar 10, 2010, 12:40:03 AM3/10/10
to efloraofindia
this does not look like Heterophragma quadriloculare. This could be
Radermachera xylocarpa as stated by Satish Ji.

Regards
Satish Pardeshi

On Mar 8, 8:22 pm, tanay bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Satish ji,
> thank you for rectification.
> regards
> tanay
>

> On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 8:40 PM, Satish Phadke <phadke.sat...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Most probably *Radermachera xylocarpa.*

> > The flower is much clean and neat than Heterophragma. The yellowish tinge
> > is more prominent. The tree mostly doesn't possess any leaves when in full
> > blossom.

> > Attaching pictures of a known *Radermachera xylocarpa *tree in Pune.
> > Dr Phadke

> > On 8 March 2010 12:38, Devi Nair <tcld...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >>  *Date/Time-* march  5th, 2010, Mid morning.
>
> >>  *Location- Bandipur Forest on Kerala/ Karnataka border
>
> >> *Habitat-  Wild
>
> >> *Plant Habit- Tree
> >>  *Flowers Size/ Colour/ - medium size, white
>
> >> I am unable to attach the pics. because of the size restriction. Since I'm
> >> not very computer savvy, I am not sure how to reduce the sizes further.

> >> Hence I have put up the pictures separately on Picasa.<http://picasaweb.google.co.in/tcldevi/Foresttree?feat=directlink>titled Foresttree.I hope this is acceptable. If not I can try sending one or

> >> two pics. at a time.
>
> >> Regards,
>
> >> Devi
>
> >> --
> >> Earth is here so kind, that just tickle her with a hoe and she laughs with
> >> a harvest.
> >> -- Douglas Jerrold.
>
> >> --

> >> .
> >> For more options, visit this group at
> >>http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix?hl=en.

Neil Soares

Mar 10, 2010, 2:43:01 AM3/10/10
to efloraofindia, Pardeshi S.
Hi,
 Agree with Dr.Pardeshi. It is Radermachera xylocarpa locally called Kharsing. Sending some of my photographs taken at my property at Shahapur for comparison.
                      With regards,
                        Neil Soares.

--- On Wed, 3/10/10, Pardeshi S. <satishp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> .
> >> For more options, visit this group at
> >>http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix?hl=en.
>
> > --
>
> --
> Tanay Bose
> +91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
> 9830439691(Mobile)
> 9674221362 (Mobile)

Radermachera xylocarpa, Kharsing 1.jpg
Radermachera xylocarpa, Kharsing 2.jpg
Radermachera xylocarpa, Kharsing 3.jpg
Radermachera xylocarpa,Kharsing flowers 1.jpg
Kharsing flowers 2.jpg
Radermachera xylocarpa, Kharsing fruit.jpg