SK 3038 12 October 2021

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 12, 2021, 9:29:14 AM10/12/21
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg
Dear Members,

Location: Jumla, Nepal
Altitude:  2561m.
Date: 18 August 2021
Habit : Wild
Galium asperifolium var. asperifolium Wall. ??

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju
DSC_0942.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 12, 2021, 9:30:28 AM10/12/21
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC_0943.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 12, 2021, 9:30:52 AM10/12/21
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC_0945.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 12, 2021, 9:31:00 AM10/12/21
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC_0946.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 12, 2021, 9:31:20 AM10/12/21
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg
DSC_0947.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 12, 2021, 9:31:51 AM10/12/21
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC_0949.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 12, 2021, 9:31:53 AM10/12/21
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg
DSC_0948.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 12, 2021, 9:32:12 AM10/12/21
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg
Surkhet_1009.jpg

J.M. Garg

Oct 18, 2021, 10:57:26 AM10/18/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia
Yes, as per images at Galium asperifolium Wall.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 18, 2021, 11:15:19 AM10/18/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraindia

J.M. Garg

Oct 24, 2021, 11:03:26 AM10/24/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia
When we say Galium asperifolium Wall., it means Galium asperifolium var. asperifolium Wall. only.
One and the same thing.
Synonyms shown under any of them, are synonyms for both.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Dec 13, 2021, 4:29:30 AM12/13/21
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, GurcharanSingh, Balkar Arya, Prashant awale, DineshValke
Looks different from Galium asperifolium Wall., as per images and details herein.
I checked keys in Flora of Bhutan at Galium, but could not find a satisfactory match.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Dec 13, 2021, 4:30:18 AM12/13/21
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Looks different from Galium asperifolium Wall., as per images and details herein.
I checked keys in Flora of Bhutan at Galium, but could not find a satisfactory match.

Dec 13, 2021, 5:12:34 AM12/13/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Galium pusillosetosum H.Hara ??
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Dec 19, 2021, 11:31:33 AM12/19/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Is it listed in the book ?
Yes, possible as per only GBIF specimen
Checklist of Nepal gives elevation as 3400-4100 m, while Flora of China gives it as 2100-3900 m.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Dec 20, 2021, 3:38:58 AM12/20/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Not in the book but many additional sp. found which are not listed in the book.
Elevation according to FoH is matching.
Thank you Mr. Garg !

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Dec 27, 2021, 4:47:07 AM12/27/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh, Balkar Arya, Prashant awale, DineshValke
I think it does not match with the description in Flora of Bhutan as below:
5. G. pusillosetosum Hara
Slender perennial. Stems (5-)12-40cm, 1 caespitose, ascending from often procumbent base, 4-angled with narrow hyaline or whitish wings, glabrous or with scattered spreading non-hooked setiform hairs. Leaves in whorls of (4- )6, sessile or subsessile, membranous, thin, oblanceolate, 3.5-16 >< 0.8-4.2mm, cuspidate or mucronate (cusp/mucro 0.2-0.4mm, sometimes breaking off and leaf appearing obtuse), base attenuate; midvein with long, curved, spreading or 1 erect setiform hairs on both surfaces, lamina (incl. margin) otherwise glabrous; venation penninerved. Flowers in few-flowered terminal cymes on short opposite axillary branches (mostly equal, but lowest pair of branches often unequal); pedicels divaricate, 1-4mm, glabrous. Corolla reddish or purplish (rarely cream with red base), 2-2.5mm diam.; lobes ovate, shortly acuminate, scabrid apically within. Ovary with numerous dense, straight, subappressed, whitish non-hooked hairs. Mericarps subglobose, c 2mm diam., with patent rigid setae 0.5-0.7mm, shortly hooked at apex.
Bhutan: C - Thimphu district (Dotena). Rhododendron aeruginosum scrub, 2750 — 3660m. Late June—late July.
Otherwise known only from C Nepal.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 3, 2022, 10:56:37 AM1/3/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh, Balkar Arya, Prashant awale, DineshValke
Galium rebae R.R.Mill ???
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Screen Shot 2022-01-03 at 21.40.19.png
Screen Shot 2022-01-03 at 21.39.50.png

J.M. Garg

Jan 8, 2022, 1:49:07 AM1/8/22
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh, Balkar Arya, Prashant awale, DineshValke
Looks different as per description and as per only GBIF specimen
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 27, 2022, 3:08:32 AM7/27/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh, Balkar Arya, Prashant awale, DineshValke
Any further opinion from members?

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 28, 2022, 3:04:57 AM7/28/22
to eFloraofIndia
Please read below comment of mine on this post by Dinesh ji
VoF Week :: DV :: 02 AUG 12 - 1257 :: small herb with tiny pink flower at Valley of Flowers (google.com)

  Dinesh ji perhaps your another visit may not be necessary if you go through the interesting discussion in Flora of China

G. hirtifolium is out of question as 6 leaves can easily be counted. It seems G. asperifolium is a very polymorphic species, the white to yellowish flowered populations are all considered as part of this species, whereas red flowered (and larger flower, which struck me from day one) specimens are now treated as a distinct species Galium blinii. Important to note that these red flowered specimens (according to Flora of China) have often been treated as synonym of G. asperifolium var. sikkimense which typically has yellowish-greenish flowers.
     Interesting to note that another red-flowered species  G. craticulatum  as endemic to Bhutan. with totally glabrous stem and sparsely retrorsely scabrid leaves. In one or two leaves in second photograph I can see consipicous retrorsely scabrid leaf margin. Perhaps you can Please find out and enlarge a clear view of stem to see if stem is glabrous or scabrid to confirm it further.

J.M. Garg

Jul 31, 2022, 12:21:46 PM7/31/22
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Yes, as per images at Galium asperifolium Wall.- from me

Looks different from Galium asperifolium Wall., as per images and details herein.

I checked keys in Flora of Bhutan at Galium, but could not find a satisfactory match.- from me

Galium pusillosetosum H.Hara ??
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Is it listed in the book ?
Yes, possible as per only GBIF specimen

Checklist of Nepal gives elevation as 3400-4100 m, while Flora of China gives it as 2100-3900 m.- from me

[...]

Otherwise known only from C Nepal.- from me

Galium rebae R.R.Mill ???
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Looks different as per description and as per only GBIF specimen. - from me

Please read below comment of mine on this post by Dinesh ji
VoF Week :: DV :: 02 AUG 12 - 1257 :: small herb with tiny pink flower at Valley of Flowers (google.com)
  Dinesh ji perhaps your another visit may not be necessary if you go through the interesting discussion in Flora of China
G. hirtifolium is out of question as 6 leaves can easily be counted. It seems G. asperifolium is a very polymorphic species, the white to yellowish flowered populations are all considered as part of this species, whereas red flowered (and larger flower, which struck me from day one) specimens are now treated as a distinct species Galium blinii. Important to note that these red flowered specimens (according to Flora of China) have often been treated as synonym of G. asperifolium var. sikkimense which typically has yellowish-greenish flowers.

     Interesting to note that another red-flowered species  G. craticulatum  as endemic to Bhutan. with totally glabrous stem and sparsely retrorsely scabrid leaves. In one or two leaves in second photograph I can see consipicous retrorsely scabrid leaf margin. Perhaps you can Please find out and enlarge a clear view of stem to see if stem is glabrous or scabrid to confirm it further. - from Gurcharan Singh ji

Oct 22, 2022, 12:52:07 PM10/22/22
to J.M. Garg, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Enclosing the latest listing of Galium sp. for Nepal. According to this,
Galium rebae R.R.Mill has got distribution for Nepal.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

312440952_467439425364820_5901634573305083638_n.jpg
312021779_596984635532331_4269416211017664570_n.jpg
312007111_636743874810072_7772367337423287169_n.jpg