Records acquired by the Palms!!!

6 views
Skip to first unread message

Muthu Karthick

unread,
Apr 7, 2010, 8:21:38 AM4/7/10
to indiantreepix
Dear all,
Kindly follow the link to know about the largest inflorescence; longest leaf, etc.

http://www.virtualherbarium.org/teach/zonapalmlecture.html

--
Muthu Karthick, N
Junior Research Fellow
Care Earth Trust
Chennai - 61
www.careearthtrust.org

tanay bose

unread,
Apr 7, 2010, 12:16:49 PM4/7/10
to Muthu Karthick, indiantreepix

Thank you Muthu the link is really nice and very much informative . thanks for sharing with us.
Tanay

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "efloraofindia" group.
To post to this group, send email to indian...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to indiantreepi...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix?hl=en.



--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)
9674221362 (Mobile)

Tabish

unread,
Apr 7, 2010, 1:33:18 PM4/7/10
to efloraofindia
You can see the largest inflorescence here:
http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Talipot%20Palm.html
- Tabish

Prashant awale

unread,
Apr 7, 2010, 1:36:13 PM4/7/10
to Tabish, efloraofindia
Wow...Thats great. Thanks Dear Tabish for sharing this link...
regards
Prashant..

Muthu Karthick

unread,
Apr 7, 2010, 1:41:08 PM4/7/10
to Tabish, efloraofindia
Nice pictures sir, 

Any information or pictures about Corypha macropoda

Tamil name for C. macropoda: Kudappanai
Tamil name for C. umbraculifera: Thazhippanai 

Please check the tamil local name for C. umbraculifera at http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Talipot%20Palm.html


On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 11:03 PM, Tabish <tab...@gmail.com> wrote:
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "efloraofindia" group.
To post to this group, send email to indian...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to indiantreepi...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix?hl=en.

Tabish

unread,
Apr 7, 2010, 2:10:30 PM4/7/10
to efloraofindia
Dear Muthu,
Thanks for the names. My source gives the names Kudappanai and
Thazhippanai and many others for Corypha umbraculifera.
Corypha macropoda Kurz ex Linden and Corypha macropoda Linden ex Kurz
are synonyms of Corypha utan, which is native to only Andaman (in
India), SE Asia and Australia. I don't have any pic of Corypha utan,
but you can find numerous on the web, this one for instance
http://www.pacsoa.org.au/palms/Corypha/utan.html
- Tabish

On Apr 7, 10:41 pm, Muthu Karthick <nmk....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Nice pictures sir,
>

> Any information or pictures about *Corypha macropoda*?


>
> Tamil name for C. macropoda: Kudappanai
> Tamil name for C. umbraculifera: Thazhippanai
>

> Please check the tamil local name for *C. umbraculifera* athttp://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Talipot%20Palm.html


>  <http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Talipot%20Palm.html>
>
>
>
> On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 11:03 PM, Tabish <tabi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > You can see the largest inflorescence here:
> >  http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Talipot%20Palm.html
> >  - Tabish
>
> > On Apr 7, 5:21 pm, Muthu Karthick <nmk....@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Dear all,
> > > Kindly follow the link to know about the largest inflorescence; longest
> > > leaf, etc.
>
> > >http://www.virtualherbarium.org/teach/zonapalmlecture.html
>
> > > --
> > > Muthu Karthick, N
> > > Junior Research Fellow
> > > Care Earth Trust
> > > Chennai - 61www.careearthtrust.org
>
> > --
> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> > "efloraofindia" group.
> > To post to this group, send email to indian...@googlegroups.com.
> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to

> > indiantreepi...@googlegroups.com<indiantreepix%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>

Muthu Karthick

unread,
Apr 8, 2010, 2:03:09 AM4/8/10
to Tabish, efloraofindia
Thank you much for the details sir.

To unsubscribe from this group, send email to indiantreepi...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix?hl=en.

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages